Best Aliexpress projectors in Sub $120 budget for Best High beam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Aliexpress projectors in Sub $120 budget for Best High beam

So after trying LEDs for my H4 lights i am not satisfied with output as high beam has suffered. However LEDs worked great in my Fog lamps and actually made them useful now. So now the only option left is to go the HID way. I have a few specific questions i would like advice on. Please correct me wherever wrong.

1. Which among these 2 projectors will have the better Hi beam.

Option A with D2S bulbs. https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/zbbEjCM

Output shot from manufacturer below:

Option B with D2S bulbs: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/civ2lFdO
    Output shot from manufacturer below:

Not getting Mini H1 as many feel their high Beam is comparatively not as good as the above two projectors. Hope i am right on this as these 2 projectors are like near double price than the Mini H1s on Aliexpress.

2. I am going to go for Cnlights bulbs with Hylux A2088 ballasts 35 since 55w are little pricier for only 20% extra output. 35 watt will also save battery power than the 55w halogens. These look the most reliable aftermarket stuff for budget users as everything else shipped to my country gets quite expensive due to shipping fees.

3. I also have option between yeaky brand bulbs vs Cnlight brand bulbs. The yeaky ones are pricier but are they any better compared to Cnlight ?
    Last edited by puneet_India; January 3rd, 2019, 04:21 AM.

What makes you think the second option uses H7 bulbs? It says D2S/D2H. I'd get the first ones though. Looks like a G5 variant.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      What makes you think the second option uses H7 bulbs? It says D2S/D2H. I'd get the first ones though. Looks like a G5 variant.
      My bad. There was another projector pair that used H7 that was the 3rd shortlist. Yes these 2 both use D2S. Correcting the post now.

Comment

+1
        The first one appears to have a more robust solenoid / shield assembly than the second one. And since you want a good high beam, I assume you also want a reliable high beam, where the shield always switch between low & high beam positions reliably. The reflector bowl seems to be a bit more complex. It is difficult to tell the difference in beam patterns unless the pictures (of the 2 types) were taken under the same (camera & ambient lighting) conditions.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by puneet_India View Post

2. I am going to go for Cnlights bulbs with Hylux A2088 ballasts 35 since 55w are little pricier for only 20% extra output. 35 watt will also save battery power than the 55w halogens. These look the most reliable aftermarket stuff for budget users as everything else shipped to my country gets quite expensive due to shipping fees.

3. I also have option between yeaky brand bulbs vs Cnlight brand bulbs. The yeaky ones are pricier but are they any better compared to Cnlight ?
          Why donít you get the General Electric ones? They are offered with 25% (not sure if now) from PowerBulbs, and at least you are buying a premium brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Starflex978 View Post

Why donít you get the General Electric ones? They are offered with 25% (not sure if now) from PowerBulbs, and at least you are buying a premium brand.
            can you share a link?

Comment

Originally posted by puneet_India View Post
              can you share a link?

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/g...xenon-d2s-bulb

Comment

I also found this image where LED light is better than HID. Don't know is it real or fake? Although, I was interested to replace my halogen kit with xenon HID kit.

Last edited by KeshaFlansburg; January 11th, 2019, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeshaFlansburg View Post
                  I also found this image where LED light is better than HID. Don't know is it real or fake?
                  Assuming that picture is not doctored; I don't see why you deem the LED to be better. Supposing they are both in low beam mode, and supposing further that the hotspots are aimed properly, there's a big possibility that the angle the camera is taken is from a region where intensity needs to be kept at a minimum.

In that case, the "brighter" LED from this angle is a bad thing, because all it does is create glare, and doesn't necessarily distribute light in the right orientations that help the driver see the road & objects ahead.

If any of the assumptions don't hold, then the comparison is meaningless.

From that angle, I can get a wide beam optics running a 35W halogen bulb appear much "brighter" than the best low beam HID. But once you sit on the driver position, the wide beam unit only makes the nearby trees a little bit brighter, but there is no useful illumination further out, both directly ahead or the other trees adjacent to it. But a proper low beam will let me see the road ahead etc.

Consider the illustration below;
                  Suppose you have a point light source (that yellow circle), which emits light evenly all around. If it is placed in a projector bowl, the reflector (red curve) bowl will redirect some of that light (rays going to the left) towards the lens. This will direct the rays to a more concentrated manner.

In a real projector, the bowl shape is a bit more complex, and combined with the low beam shield (not illustrated), it will create a particular beam pattern that can reach far ahead without blinding oncoming traffic.

If you were to place a hypothetical observation point far to the right of this drawing, and above the horizontal (0) line, along with the low beam shield, the observer won't see much light. In contrast, if you remove the reflector, lens, and low beam shield, that observer will see more of the light, giving the impression that the raw bulb is "brighter". But you can see that the ray intensity on the road ahead (i.e. far right in the illustration) will be less if it is generated only by the raw bulb instead of the bulb+reflector+lens.

Comment

It's real because it's at an angle higher than the cutoff and that "brightness" Is all glare.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by KeshaFlansburg View Post
                      I also found this image where LED light is better than HID. Don't know is it real or fake?

That's not better, that's way worse. Do you drive by hanging 5m in front of your car and looking back at it? No. You want to see output pictures, which 99% non existent on these shit LED kits' ads.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post

That's not better, that's way worse. Do you drive by hanging 5m in front of your car and looking back at it? No. You want to see output pictures, which 99% non existent on these shit LED kits' ads.
                        Thanks for guiding me.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
                          Do you drive by hanging 5m in front of your car and looking back at it? No. You want to see output pictures, which 99% non existent on these shit LED kits' ads.
                          I suppose the takeaway message here is that it is easier to take the wrong kind of picture that makes bad headlight options look better, and that the right kind of picture is much more complicated to interpret for most potential buyers.

Hence the proliferation of products that look "bright".

Comment

Working...
                          X