Ford Focus b1d01 error code for HIDs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Focus b1d01 error code for HIDs

Just found out that my car is apparently throwing up the above code, which appears to be a passenger side low beam error code. That is the exact issue i'm having (the light does not turn on). Something about a possible short to or from the battery.

Would replacing the bulb and the ballast fix the issue? It might even be that the bulb and ballast are actually fine, and it might just be some sort of wiring issue?

The dealership is suggesting that I remove the HIDs entirely, and instead go back to stock, however, I don't know if I want to do that, though, as I appreciate the increased light output.

The dealership is suggesting that I remove the HIDs entirely, and instead go back to stock
    Good advice.
    What kit do you have, what car do you have. You'll need canbus error cancellers (or similar ballast) at least.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
      Good advice.
      What kit do you have, what car do you have. You'll need canbus error cancellers (or similar ballast) at least.
      14 Ford Focus. I haven't used a canbus or error canceller since I've had the thing. Everytime I turn the lights on, I get a headlights warning, but the lights do work. There is Focus specific software to turn it off, but I don't want to deal with it.

I have retrofitted lights using this kit: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi...s-stage-3.html 50w ballasts

Comment

The dealer doesn't want to do it for you? Unfortunate.

I'd ask what part you need on Headlight Junkies on Facebook. They'll likely know what you need to fix that. Canbus canceller, resistor, etc.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
          The dealer doesn't want to do it for you? Unfortunate.
          This is typical for dealerships. Being a dealership technician myself, when we see aftermarket parts and also a problem that is related somehow to them, we point to the fix being to revert back to factory parts.

That being said, I still modify my cars with me regrets.

Comment

Ah you retrofitted, don't make it sound like you PnP'd

Comment

I def understand them not wanting to touch the mod, but making a change with a scan tool based on the customer's request seems reasonable does it not? Like programming a German car for HIDs when it came with halogens?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                I def understand them not wanting to touch the mod, but making a change with a scan tool based on the customer's request seems reasonable does it not? Like programming a German car for HIDs when it came with halogens?
                Absolutely. We would just say that we can’t warranty any work done just as a “cover-your-ass” measure.

Comment

Working...
                X