Auto Headlights issue( I think)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Headlights issue( I think)

My 2018 Highlander has a Morimoto 35w HID kit. Every once in a while(but seems more often than not lately) the one headlight(passenger side) fails to fire up on vehicle startup. The cure, turn lights off then back on again and it fires up. So is there a way to still use the auto feature with an HID kit and have a more reliable fire up every time? My 2012 Camry has an older version of the same kit with one new ballast with an external igniter like the highlander and it too has an occasional mis fire on start up with auto head lights on. The side with the older ballast(internal igniter) never had an issue nor did I have an issue with my old ballast(that since failed and needed replaced). Is this common for cars with auto headlights to have to mess with turning them off then back on to get both lights to turn on?
    Thanks,
    Jon

Install the harness.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Install the harness.
      Install what harness?

Comment

If you bought a Morimoto HID kit, it should have come with a wiring harness. A lot of Toyotas have funky auto headlights without it. If you don't have a harness, buy a set from XenonDepot as they make better ones.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hd-relay-h11.html

https://www.xenondepot.com/HID-Kit-W...-p/wirehar.htm

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I installed everything that came in the kit. Including the relay harness

Comment

Hmm, now that's odd. Did you try switching the bulbs side to side? Could be a weak bulb. I admittedly don't run any Morimoto parts on my Lexus, but my auto headlights didn't work until I installed harnesses. One side would flicker and die, sometimes both.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X