Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebulding Evo IX headlights, looking for something to install in High beam & Foglight spots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebulding Evo IX headlights, looking for something to install in High beam & Foglight spots

I recently bought a set of new JDM lamps for my Evo ix. I have plans to completely rebuild these, but looking at them it seems the problem will be the High beam spot, and the internal fog light spot.

The high beam is a halogen 9005 originally. It sits in an adjustable reflector housing. It looks to be about 3.5" diameter. The problem is that is appears there is only about 2 inches of depth to use.

The fog light is also halogen in a reflector. It is about 2.5" diameter. It has a little more depth, I would say about 2.5" deep.

I was hoping to convert these to LED or HID. I do not want to use plug and play bulbs that swap into the spots. I was looking to do some sort of projector retrofit, or retrofit in a new module. Can you guys think of anything that will fit in these spaces? I saw that TRS sold a "profile LED highbeam" module that I could possibly use for the high beams. It looks like it might fit.

Are you intent on it? The Profile high beam kinda sucks. Better to keep the stock high beam with a 9011 bulb, or a quality PNP LED.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      Are you intent on it? The Profile high beam kinda sucks. Better to keep the stock high beam with a 9011 bulb, or a quality PNP LED.
      I want to change it up somehow. Aren't the PNP LEDs disgustingly unfocused like PNP HID kits?

Comment

There are a few quality ones that work really well, especially in high beams. Check this out: https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...pro-h11-review

Also there's Diode Dynamics SL1, which I haven't tested in the high beams but in the low beams was slightly better focused. However, the XenonDepot LED is cheaper and not forever backordered. XD has 25% off right now.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

I read your review- the Evo 9 headlights do not have a projector for the high beam or the fog lights. They are old-school reflectors. The car has a seperate low beam that is a stationary D2S projector.

Comment

My high beams are reflectors. I have a low beam projector and high beam reflector. So those high beam shots are all in reflectors.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
            X