Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salvage 2005 G35X HID for 2013 Sonata Hybrid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salvage 2005 G35X HID for 2013 Sonata Hybrid?

Hi all,
    I have a 2005 G35x that I am scrapping for a very long list of reasons beginning with a cracked radiator, cracked bumper, etc

I loved the HID headlights and was wondering if it is possible to removed them and install them in my 2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited.

The Hyundai recently had a minor fender bender and I now have some insurance money to replace the front the bumper cover and the passenger side fog light assembly.

I can purchase a certified primed bumper cover and fox light assembly for ~$350, which leaves me with another $1,000 to have somebody paint match the bumper and install it.

Is transplanting the G35 headlights in conjunction with the bumper replacement feasible or is this a pipe dream that is cost prohibitive? If it's feasible, what should I google to find a shop in Indianapolis that could do this sort of thing? Lol.

I'm guessing this isn't possible but I thought "surely, if anybody knows the answer, they can be found at a planet devoted to HID lights". Love you guys.

Does the G35x have projectors? If so, you can open up both headlights and try to transfer the projectors + ballast into the Sonata headlights. But it will probably be easier to retrofit the Sonata headlights with aftermarket projectors.

Comment

Working...
    X