Opinions on build for 2018 Honda Fit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on build for 2018 Honda Fit?

Hey hidplanet. New poster but long time lurker. I picked up a new Honda Fit at the beginning of the year, and suffice to say going back to halogen output has been a miserable experience at night, even with modern reflector housings. (I hear the LED reflectors on Japanese models aren't even much better) My previous car was a 2009 Honda Fit which I was running the Morimoto D2S 4.0 with Osram CBIs. I was somewhat disappointed with the output. Specifically the hot spot was quite underwhelming. I know you guys all know a ton about this stuff so I figured I'd ask for some opinions on what I should pick up next! I have done a fair amount of research but I can't come to a conclusion on my own. (For bulbs I've decided to go with either the Osram Nightbreaker Laser or Philips EV Gen 2. Really high numbers plus a warmer 4300 ish kelvin color temperature will be very useful for how often it rains, which is very often)

The most important aspects for me will be a well positioned hot spot, (I guess that's what everyone wants) and a nice wide beam. I live on the west coast of BC, Canada and deer, raccoons, even cats and dogs are always wandering around the edge of the roadways.

Thanks in advance!

I wasn't happy with the Morimoto D2S 4.0 either, so I switched it for the G5-R. It was exactly what I was looking for, and that's what I would recommend. Welcome and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      I wasn't happy with the Morimoto D2S 4.0 either, so I switched it for the G5-R. It was exactly what I was looking for, and that's what I would recommend. Welcome and good luck!
      Thanks for the reply! After reading your thread on the d2s 4.0 vs g5-r, I think the choice is becoming the g5-r. Are you satisfied with the width of the g5-r's beam? The one thing I will say about the morimoto projector is it did have a very nice, wide light reach.

Comment

Originally posted by justalilbit View Post
        Are you satisfied with the width of the g5-r's beam? The one thing I will say about the morimoto projector is it did have a very nice, wide light reach.
        Yes, the width is good, I never once found it to be lacking. It has the same width as the morimoto version

Comment

Working...
        X