Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone modified a morimoto h1 projector to use as a sealed foglight ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone modified a morimoto h1 projector to use as a sealed foglight ?

Hello guys i'm planning on changing my cheap (sealed) bi-xenon H11 hid projectors that I custom mounted in my foglight location , and use a set of morimoto Mh1 7.0 projectors instead , just wondering if anyone has done this yet ? if so , could you please provide a link to the worklog , I did already modifie a extra acme super h1 that I used as a reverse light

thanks in advance

Mini H1 has a headlight beam pattern, not a fog light one. Not a good fog light.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Thats not a issue, it's super easy to modifie the cut off shield

Comment

The cutoff shield isn't a beam pattern, it's a cutoff. The beam pattern itself, formed by the bowl, is not designed for a fog light. A fog light should have a very short, very wide output with even brightness across the whole width and no major hotspot. A Mini H1 has a taller output with much lower foreground area, a big hotspot that's not desireable when mounted and aimed low, and worse width than a quality fog light with fading output to the sides. Compare this:

To this:

Not exposure locked, or taken at the same angle, so don't DIRECTLY comapre the two, but the differences are obvious.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

So i guess your saying a set of morimoto xb fog lights would be a better choice

Comment

Yes, absolutely. XBs are not the best but they're very good choices for fog lights. It would just be a lot of work and time to get Mini H1s into fog lights to end up with undesirable results.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Its acually not that much work to convert a h1 projector into a foglight, I have already did one, I used a acme super h1 ,I'm using It as a reverse light , works awesome lol.
              what would be he best option for a 2.5 inch fog light ? ?
              thanks for your time

Comment

I don't know about size, but look into Esuse fog lights from Diode Dynamics. They are the same as the first gen XB LED optics, wider but messier output. No sexy blue cutoff. But wider!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                X