Headlight lenses for 2006 impala

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight lenses for 2006 impala

Did a projector retrofit on my 06 impala SS. I bought some aftermarket headlight assemblies because first I wanted black housings and second thought it would make the retrofit easier in the lens separation step since I hear the factory ones are permasealed. Thing is not even a year later the lenses have a yellowish tint to them but are relatively still clear and the top of the lenses have many many small scratches on them. Is it possible to just buy lenses for them as I would hate to buy new assemblies and do the whole process over again.

Welcome to HID Planet! That's the problem with aftermarket headlights, they yellow. Try buffing them. But to answer your question, no it's usually not possible to buy just lenses for most cars.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Thanks haloruler64. Whatís about the best option here going forward. Should I buy a set of OEM headlights and re-install everything into them (the process of opening, dremeling, yadda yadda) or buy some OEM lights and just take the lens and swap? Thing is those OEM are not cheap and one does not want to retrofit nice projectors and switchback halos just to end up with yellow lenses. This just in case the buffing doesnít work. Btw I have mini h1 7.0 projectors with switchback halos and they are mounted using the big locking nut method. They say the threads will slightly deform under pressure and thatís what keeps things tight. Wondering if the thread on the nut deforms so maybe I can get new ones if I gotta swap them or is it the shaft and in that case swap is completely out the question.

Comment

Well you can try polishing the aftermarket headlights. If the yellow comes off, considering hitting them with a 2K clear like SprayMax. This is high quality clear coat and should prevent them from yellowing. The other option is to start over with OEM lights, but I know that's real tough and pricey.

You can generally reuse the nuts if they're not buggered up too much but buying new ones might be a possibility. Shaft should really be fine.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
        X