Motorcycle Stage II Dual Ballast/Bulb Offerings?*

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Stage II Dual Ballast/Bulb Offerings?*

​​​Hey everyone! It's been a while since I posted. I'm getting ready to start another retro, and I wanted to ask a couple questions before buying the gear for another setup.

I'm 3.5 retrofits in now. Morimoto 35 watt retro in the Aurora with V1.0s, later switched to 6.0 projectors. Morimoto D2S 55w retro in the XJS. Most recently, I put a set of the Profile Powerhouse 33w/55w variable wattage ballasts/bulbs in the XB.

I'm planning a retro in my bike over the winter, a 2009 Suzuki SV650SA. I priced out the Motorcycle stage 2 dual with the correct H4 harness, and I was surprised by the lack of ballast/bulb choices. I run my 55w (halogen) high beams all the time on the bike to make sure I'm seen, so I doubt there is any risk of melting a housing with a 55w HID unless there's something I'm missing. The Powerhouse would be perfect in the bike with the bixenons, I'm somewhat concerned about being able to see properly at night on dark roads where you would normally want a high beam, and only having 35w available even with the cutoff shield moved.

My questions:
    1) Is there a reason why only 35w is offered? Has someone smarter than me already thought through this? Anyone have any experience here?
    2) For the TRS guys - Is it at all possible to get the Profile variable wattage hardware in the Moto kit? Or could I get the moto harness and piece it together myself?

I'll of course be going with TRS for the retro, just wanted to do my due diligence before purchasing. Thanks, everyone!
    ​​​

Administrator, Aurora Club of North America
    1996 Oldsmobile Aurora - Morimoto Mini H1 35w 1.0, then 6.0
    1989 Jaguar XJS V12 - Morimoto D2S 55w
    2011 Scion xB - stock projectors, Profile Powerhouse 35/50w
    2009 Suzuki SV650SA
    2009 Nissan 370Z
    1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

*bump* Any TRS folks on here and could lend some insight?

Administrator, Aurora Club of North America
    1996 Oldsmobile Aurora - Morimoto Mini H1 35w 1.0, then 6.0
    1989 Jaguar XJS V12 - Morimoto D2S 55w
    2011 Scion xB - stock projectors, Profile Powerhouse 35/50w
    2009 Suzuki SV650SA
    2009 Nissan 370Z
    1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

They don't visit HIDP. You might want to hit them up directly.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
      X