Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Bi-Led Lens or Morimoto D2S 4.0 - Hyundai Tucson 2006

Hi all,
    I will start a new project on my Hyundai Tucson, and have a lot of doubts.
    This is the headlight:

I'm asking about the biled, because I don't want any lag when flashing high beams when low beams are off. Unless, there are some good ballasts that flash instantly with HID's (I could choose whatever bulb I wanted too)

I'm also thinking of doing something with the fog lights...between getting led, or mounting a projector too:

This is the fog light:

Maybe there is a specific fog light led to replace with?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Cheers from Argentina!

If you really want no lag, the iLens is the way to go. But a G5-R from Lightwerkz will perform better.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

+1
      What about getting G5-R and wire a dedicated halogen high beam into the fog light location? You can wire it such that the biXenon's solenoid still responds to high beam at the same time the halogen high beam responds, so you'll have quad high beams.

If you need fast flash-to-pass high beams for conspicuity (i.e. so others notice you) more than visibility (i.e. so you can see far ahead), perhaps you can wire the foglights to flash-to-pass. The foglight will be useless from a visibility point of view.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

What are the functions of the ones I marked?

Originally posted by HK45
        I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Why not just run low beams all the time, like DRLs? Then you will get the instant flash. I'd go with the G5-Rs.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

What are the functions of the ones I marked?
            Hi Eddie!
            Yellow: Parking Light
            Blue: turn signal

An idea would be to use fog lights as high beams, using Profile High Beam Lens, and retrofit a fog light where the parking light is...and use signal turn as parking lights...
            But, donīt want to mess too much.
            I thought the bi led projectors where at the same level as a Mini D2S..., but if you say a G5 will emit more light, i think i will go with those ones, and get some OEM bulbs...

Comment

Working...
            X