Secondary cutoff image on D2S 4.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary cutoff image on D2S 4.0

I installed my retrofit and went to aim my lights. With the lights 25' away from the wall I noticed that my driver side light had a secondary cutoff line showing about 10" below the main cutoff. The secondary cutoff was very faint, but I could clearly see it. It has the step and everything. I tried to take a pic, but unfortunately it didn't show up in the picture. Its only on the drivers side, the passenger side looks fine. I've tested these lights many times before and never saw it before.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening before? What could be the cause of the secondary cutoff? It must be some kind of reflection or something in the projector, right?

Thanks for any advice.

It might be the outer lens. Can you take off the lens and verify if it goes away?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

The glass lenses on the R32 Skyline headlights produce about 4 cut offs

Comment

I think you guys might be right, Its probably the glass headlight lenses. The only difference between when I tested the lights earlier, and this time, was I had the glass headlight lenses installed this time. I just think it is really strange that the driver side creates a second cutoff, but the passenger side doesn't. I will remove the glass lens and verify that is what is causing it.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

It just depends on what part of the glass the beam hits. There might be a mm difference. Or just a difference in lenses. Truly an iffy situation even if you're just doing a projector swap on OEM glass headlights for some cars.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
          X