Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blue hue on one side of headlights, help diagnose.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue hue on one side of headlights, help diagnose.

Recently installed used halogen headlights for 2014 nissan altima after painting housing black. Driver side headlight has a blue hue on the cutoff portion, while passenger side is normal yellow/white color. When i was painting the housing, i did clean off the lens due to some water spots on them. Anyone have ideas as to what could be causing this issue?

Added some photos. Might be hard to see.

Did you take the lens off the projector?
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
      Did you take the lens off the projector?
      yea, i did. First time every doing anything like this. should i rotate the lens?

Comment

Maybe the other side match the blue side lol. It may be that the lens is slightly spaced away from the projector bowl, that usually produces more blue on the cutoff.
        2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
        1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

Are they both OEM?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
            Are they both OEM?
            yes, both used oem headlights.

Comment

Huh, then yeah you probably altered it by messing with the lens. I like the blue look though!

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

You are obviously new here.

Because that blue hue you speak of as an issue is actually something that most guys here aim for. Meaning most retrofitters purposely alter their projectors to create that blue band of light.

You know, because its hella cool dog! lol <---- that's probably not how kids are saying it these days...

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
                  You are obviously new here.

Because that blue hue you speak of as an issue is actually something that most guys here aim for. Meaning most retrofitters purposely alter their projectors to create that blue band of light.

You know, because its hella cool dog! lol <---- that's probably not how kids are saying it these days...
                  Lol, yea it looks good. How would I go about getting other side blue then? Mess with the lens?

Comment

Yep. Try moving the lens in a circle, try spacing it a bit out or in. Just play with it until it matches the other side.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

Working...
                    X