No announcement yet.

Need help please....what is wrong here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please....what is wrong here?

Ok, so I decided to purchase a set of headlights for my Silverado, that had led DRL and projectors. I know what cutoff should look like. I also understand, that these aftermarket lights aren't going to look like my gf BMW....but, what in the hell is THIS? Any ideas what's going on here?

Ok, shit....how do I post the photo here? And before any of you troll this, yes, I searched how to do so. When I go to my media file, it only gives me an option for video...no photo??

Ok, so, since I can't show you all a picture...basically, the two lights show the exact same pattern....half moon, no clear cutoff....and it's tilted about 30 degrees

Comment

Welcome to HID Planet! To post photos, upload them to a service like Imgur and use the BBCode. Unfortunately, HIDP doesn't allow photo uploads these days.

Aftermarket headlights don't have mediocre projectors, they often have trash, dangerous projectors. Half moons sounds exactly like an aftermarket headlight. Hotspot missing, weird lines, etc. Do post a pic please.

You do have a few options. Go back to stock is one. If you like these headlights visually, open them up and swap the projector. What brand are they?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
      2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

I want to say they are Spyder. I bought them from VIPMotoz. Yes...these look like garbage. I've got to post a pic. I jist want to make sure it isn't me....but they look horrible

Comment

Yep that's the problem. Spyder headlights are extra bad. It ain't you.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
          2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

try uploading the pictures to https://imgur.com/
            Write Something....../

Comment

picture didn't show up...

but judging from earlier comments... best is to do projector swap using that housing...take any better projector instead of rubbish projector came with the housing

Comment

Working...
              X