Profile Bi-LED Projector Vs. iJDM Bi-LED Projector - Need Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Profile Bi-LED Projector Vs. iJDM Bi-LED Projector - Need Help

So I'm doing my 3rd retrofit for my 2012 Ram 1500 and this time I'm going to try the new Bi-LED projectors. I'm not interested in putting out $400 for the Morimoto M-LED projectors, because I'm also buying a bunch of other stuff for the retrofit so I can't spend $400 on projectors alone.

So that leaves me with these 2 choices. I've read great reviews on the iJDM led projector, but the Profile projector, I havent seen any reviews online yet. I know it's made by Morimoto and I've had plenty of Morimoto products so I know they are great quality.

So I'm hoping some members here have some first hand knowledge of either of these led projectors. Please let me know what you liked and didn't like about them. Thanks.

Brand: Profile Performance (Morimoto)
    Price: $280 Shipped
    Link: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi...-lens-led.html

Brand: iJDM
    Price: $214.49 Shipped (Normally $250, 4th of July 15% off Code)
    Link: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Bi-Xeno...r-p/35-095.htm

Thanks for any help in advance and I look forward to sharing this build with these forums.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by OnSale; July 1st, 2018, 07:39 PM.

A fellow PH-1 owner! Hello!

The Profile Bi-LED is the same as the generic iLens, so you can see reviews for that. AFAIK the Profiles are better.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      A fellow PH-1 owner! Hello!

The Profile Bi-LED is the same as the generic iLens, so you can see reviews for that. AFAIK the Profiles are better.
      I love my PH-1... Got a killer deal on it brand new, still sealed box, for only $250.

Anyways, so you said that the Profile is the same as the generic iLens, but the Profile is better. I'm confused, if the Profile and the iLens are the same, then why is the profile better?

Thanks.

Comment

He means it's better than the iJDM. And I would agree.

The iJDM is just rebranded. This biled was the first popular one to hit the market a few years back. It's more commonly known as the "mini GTR" or the "Optima biled" very popular in the Russian market. It has a very strong and large hotspot that bleeds over heavy into the foreground. But lacks width and everything else. I've always hated the semi-circle bottom half of the beam.

Here is a comparison of both. GTR on top and i.lens on the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
          He means it's better than the iJDM. And I would agree.

The iJDM is just rebranded. This biled was the first popular one to hit the market a few years back. It's more commonly known as the "mini GTR" or the "Optima biled" very popular in the Russian market. It has a very strong and large hotspot that bleeds over heavy into the foreground. But lacks width and everything else. I've always hated the semi-circle bottom half of the beam.

Here is a comparison of both. GTR on top and i.lens on the bottom.

Ok so the Profile (Morimoto) is also known as the GTR? So in your output picture, the Profile is the top pic, the iJDM is the bottom one?

Thanks for the help. The price difference isn't that much, and I know Morimoto stuff is pretty top notch so I'll probably just go with the Profile one.

Comment

No, the ijdmtoy AKA Optima biled is the upper photo with the semi-circle beam. Not worth the $214.49 sale price.

Lightwerkz has a 4th of July sale at the moment, you can get the Profile for $224 https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php...rojectors.html
            Last edited by Eddie; July 2nd, 2018, 12:01 PM.
            Originally posted by HK45
            I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Yes that's what I mean, the Profile is better than the iJDMToy product. But the Profile is just a rebranded iLens, and the iJDMToy is a rebranded Optima/GTR/all the other names it's been given but it's a pretty bad projector.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                No, the ijdmtoy AKA Optima biled is the upper photo with the semi-circle beam. Not worth the $214.49 sale price.

Lightwerkz has a 4th of July sale at the moment, you can get the Profile for $224 https://www.lightwerkz.net/index.php...rojectors.html
                Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
                Yes that's what I mean, the Profile is better than the iJDMToy product. But the Profile is just a rebranded iLens, and the iJDMToy is a rebranded Optima/GTR/all the other names it's been given but it's a pretty bad projector.
                I took advantage of the sale on TRS and ordered the best led projector on the market, the Morimoto M-LED. I've never seen it cheaper then $380, and its normally $400 everywhere. I got it for $300 during TRS's 4th of July sale. I ordered over $800 worth of stuff for my new retrofit. Super stoked to get started on it!!!

Comment

Oooo an advertising bot.

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
                    Oooo an advertising bot.
                    Me? Far from an advertising bot LMAO... I definitely ordered the MLED projectors from TRS during their huge 4tg of July sale. I'm getting ready to start my build within the next couple days.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X