Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which D2R Bulb? Philips X-tremeVision gen2 (85126VX2C1) or Philips Xenon Whitevision gen2 (85126WHV2C1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dark bit is there to cut down the glare. Also why the notches are different.

Comment

GreekNissan

As far as I can tell from my 5 minutes of google searching that HIDconcept and Powerbulb are the only two reputable site that I would trust buying from to avoid counterfeit bulb that carries the Philips xtreme vision gen 2 in the D2R.

They're both within a dollar of each other if you take into account that powerbulb is having a 25% off sale.

Comment

Originally posted by blurred View Post
        I don't know what you consider best colour. The 85222xgx2 is a d2s/d2r combo and tested against the d2s 85122xv2c1 is the same intensity, just cooler with a slight mauve / purplish hue.

I had both 6700K and 6200K and I like 6700K a lot. I was wondering where are the tests you see. I want to see the test.

Comment

Originally posted by jacie6056

I had both 6700K and 6200K and I like 6700K a lot. I was wondering where are the tests you see. I want to see the test.
          I see them when we are doing them .

From last night with a new set of xtreme vision gen2 going into a new retro with some 4tl-r at 50w

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just put in a set of Philips Extreme Vision. I'm coming from the CBI which I found looked great in the dry but didn't work so great in the wet or snow.

​Does anyone know if the new generation of bulbs like the Philips have a break in time and if so how long?

________
            I MADE ME

Comment

Originally posted by kenghk View Post
              Just put in a set of Philips Extreme Vision. I'm coming from the CBI which I found looked great in the dry but didn't work so great in the wet or snow. ​Does anyone know if the new generation of bulbs like the Philips have a break in time and if so how long?
              I am experiencing the same thing. I have had my D2R CBI's in for 2 weeks and while i love the light spread on the road and the color, I found that with my philips e-tremevision (1ST GEN, NOT 2ND GEN), i could see better in the wet.

I think I am going to sell my D2r CBI's and try the Gen2 x-tremevision's. Anyone want to buy them for $145 for the pair - only about 5 hours on the bulbs
              Last edited by GreekNissan; February 14th, 2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GreekNissan

I am experiencing the same thing. I have had my D2R CBI's in for 2 weeks and while i love the light spread on the road and the color, I found that with my philips e-tremevision (1ST GEN, NOT 2ND GEN), i could see better in the wet.

I think I am going to sell my D2r CBI's and try the Gen2 x-tremevision's. Anyone want to buy them for $145 for the pair - only about 5 hours on the bulbs
                I'm very happy with the xtreme vision gen2. I have about 5 hours on them and hope there's more to come if in fact they break in. I'm not sure though.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

________
                I MADE ME

Comment

Originally posted by kenghk View Post
                  I'm very happy with the xtreme vision gen2. I have about 5 hours on them and hope there's more to come if in fact they break in. I'm not sure though. Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
                  Post some pictures against a wall!

Comment

Not the greatest of shots, Samsung S8 used and no blue at all in person except alone the cutoff. Went country driving tonight and distance vision is amazing compared to the CBIs. The beam pattern is also more precise with the Philips, maybe the G35/37 projector really like Philips as that's what mine came with from the factory. Still, i'm hoping the Philips has a bit more brightness and whiteness to give. hey don't seem quite 5k just yet. Will get the better camera out soon.

________
                    I MADE ME

Comment

I am trying to upgrade from old Philips D2R Bulbs wanted to know if Osram will ever be releasing D2R Cool Blue Boost Bulbs or CBIs are the best OSRAM I can get? 2008 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS V6

Comment

Are these( D2R - Philips HID Flash Star 6700K 85126FSX2 Bulbs

) better than Osram CBI D2R and Osram Cool Blue Boost D2R?

Comment

Working...
                        X