Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which D2R Bulb? Philips X-tremeVision gen2 (85126VX2C1) or Philips Xenon Whitevision gen2 (85126WHV2C1)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which D2R Bulb? Philips X-tremeVision gen2 (85126VX2C1) or Philips Xenon Whitevision gen2 (85126WHV2C1)

Hey Planeteers,

I have been researching all over HID Planet Forum, Youtube, Google, etc. and cannot seem to find a good enough comparison between:

1. Philips X-tremeVision gen2 (85126VX2C1)
    2. Philips Xenon Whitevision gen2 (85126WHV2C1)

My Question - I want to know if these two above options are better than the Osram CBI bulbs (66250cbi). I'm looking for picture comparisons, technical data and user input.

I JUST put in (about 10 hours of use) Osram CBI bulbs (66250CBI) and while they are nice, I want to know if I made the best decision as far as color, brightness and beam pattern integrity.

Please assist?

I don't know about D2R in particular, but the X-Treme Vision Gen2 are better than the CBI in terms of straight lux in D2S form. They are warmer though. However, the difference isn't big. I wouldn't buy another set to replace the CBIs at this point.
    Last edited by Haloruler64; January 27th, 2018, 12:58 AM.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Originally posted by Haloruler64 View Post
      I don't know about D2R in particular, but the X-Treme Vision Gen2 are better than the CBI in terms of straight lux in D2S form. They are warmer though. However, the difference isn't big. I wouldn't buy another set to replace the CBIs at this point.
      Can anyone provide a nice comparison and pictures between the two?

Comment

I can't speak for the D2R in particular but I am going to mirror what Halo said.

The CBI are great bulbs; they are brighter than the OEM osram or philips at higher kelvin rating.

The Xtreme Vision Gen 2 are in terms brighter than anything Osram is offering at the moment in terms of Lux.

The White Vision Gen 2 is also brighter and closer to in personal opinion to 5000K.

Osram actually just release a new bulb call the CBB *Cool Blue Boost* which they advertise at 7000k although testing shows its actually similar in color to the CBI but at higher Lux.

TRS recently did a testing of all the Osram bulb *standard, CBI, CBH and CBB and found that the CBB is indeed brighter than the CBI at roughly the same color and also in a later video tested all the Philips 85122, X-treme Vision Gen 2 and White Vision Gen 2.

*Osram Bulb Comparison*
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKEOIUrW39M&t=1s

*Philips Bulb Comparison*
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLKpf_IYTs

At the end of the Philips video they also tested the CBB against the X-treme Vision gen 2; essentially if you're looking for straight lux than the X-treme Vision gen 2 will be the winner but if you're looking for a little more color without any yellow in your light than the CBB would be your go to but this also comes down to where you drive.

Personally I have a set of X-treme Vision Gen 2 in my set up and I enjoy the tinge of yellow for inclement driving condition as I feel they a pure white light just gets absorb by water on the road.

Comment

For d2r if you want higher Kelvin then you want to also look at the philips 85222xgx2 which is equal in intensity (tested) to the extreme vision 85122xv2c1

6200k (there is also a 6700k version but is less bright).

You would have to order from Japanese sellers on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by blurred View Post
            For d2r if you want higher Kelvin then you want to also look at the philips 85222xgx2 which is equal in intensity (tested) to the extreme vision 85122xv2c1

6200k (there is also a 6700k version but is less bright).

You would have to order from Japanese sellers on eBay.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I want the brightest d2r bulb with the best color before output starts dropping off. Plus the 85126 is the d2r.

Comment

Originally posted by GreekNissan

I want the brightest d2r bulb with the best color before output starts dropping off. Plus the 85126 is the d2r.
              I don't know what you consider best colour. The 85222xgx2 is a d2s/d2r combo and tested against the d2s 85122xv2c1 is the same intensity, just cooler with a slight mauve / purplish hue.

Last edited by blurred; January 29th, 2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Testing

Comment

I just run D2S and I don't even have projectors.

Comment

Originally posted by The Driver View Post
                    I just run D2S and I don't even have projectors.
                    Wow, so you notched out the d2s bulbs and put it in a reflector? Don't you have alot of glare? That's alot of unused light on the road, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnicalNonsense View Post
                      I can't speak for the D2R in particular but I am going to mirror what Halo said.

The CBI are great bulbs; they are brighter than the OEM osram or philips at higher kelvin rating.

The Xtreme Vision Gen 2 are in terms brighter than anything Osram is offering at the moment in terms of Lux.

The White Vision Gen 2 is also brighter and closer to in personal opinion to 5000K.

Osram actually just release a new bulb call the CBB *Cool Blue Boost* which they advertise at 7000k although testing shows its actually similar in color to the CBI but at higher Lux.

TRS recently did a testing of all the Osram bulb *standard, CBI, CBH and CBB and found that the CBB is indeed brighter than the CBI at roughly the same color and also in a later video tested all the Philips 85122, X-treme Vision Gen 2 and White Vision Gen 2.

*Osram Bulb Comparison*
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKEOIUrW39M&t=1s

*Philips Bulb Comparison*
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtLKpf_IYTs

At the end of the Philips video they also tested the CBB against the X-treme Vision gen 2; essentially if you're looking for straight lux than the X-treme Vision gen 2 will be the winner but if you're looking for a little more color without any yellow in your light than the CBB would be your go to but this also comes down to where you drive.

Personally I have a set of X-treme Vision Gen 2 in my set up and I enjoy the tinge of yellow for inclement driving condition as I feel they a pure white light just gets absorb by water on the road.
                      Philips x-tremevision wins. This is what I was looking for. Thanks

Comment

No problem man; I was in the your shoes for the longest time debating on the CBI or Philips X-treme gen 2 and what made it harder was at the time you couldn't get the x-treme gen 2 from a US base website so I had to order mine from a German distributor.

Comment

Who sells them for the best price?

Comment

Originally posted by GreekNissan View Post
                            Wow, so you notched out the d2s bulbs and put it in a reflector? Don't you have alot of glare? That's alot of unused light on the road, isn't it?
                            No, because I have set reflectors for HID not Halogen.

Comment

The covers on a D2R bulb serve a purpose in reflectors. Not recommended to install D2S bulbs in D2R reflectors.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
                              2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Working...
                              X