Morimoto 70mm LED or Fusion Fogs with HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morimoto 70mm LED or Fusion Fogs with HID

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of installing fog lights on my 2016 Malibu. I would install them underneath the LED DRL and I'm considering either the 70mm Morimoto universal LED fog lights or 2010 fusion fogs with an H11 Morimoto 55watt PnP HID kit in them. I have seen output shots of fusion fogs with HID in them and they are really good. The fusion fogs would probably cost less to install since I could just use a relay and a highbeam splitter on one side and connect them to my stock headlights, that way I only pay for the install of the fogs. I am debating which ones to have installed. Can any of you recommend one or the other? Thanks.

And also, would it be possible/recommended to do a clear lens swap on the Ford Fusion fog lights?
    Fusion fog lights
    33.33%
    Fusion fog lights with clear lens
    0%
    Morimoto 70mm LED
    66.67%

55W is overkill for fog lights and will probably burn the bowls on the fusion fogs. I've got a set of 3 inch bixenon fog lights coming in from China, when I get them I'll post about them, they might be an interesting option for you.
    2000 Celica GTS 'slowest gts evar'
    1998 Mazda 626 FS-DE/CD4E 'mom-mobile'

Comment

If you go with HID fusion fogs, you're gonna need a relay harness, ballasts, and bulbs but still less money than the LED fogs. And as stated, 50W will destroy them.
      *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by HK45 View Post
        If you go with HID fusion fogs, you're gonna need a relay harness, ballasts, and bulbs but still less money than the LED fogs. And as stated, 50W will destroy them.
        If I were to do this I would just get a universal Morimoto H11 35 watt 4500k hid kit that hooks up to the battery. That way I could put a highbeam splitter on one of my low beams so that the fogs turn on with my low beams. I would just need a little extension cable for the relay to connect to the highbeam splitter and that's all. This would cost the same as the Morimoto LEDs but then I wouldn't have to pay someone to do all the wiring for the LEDs, it would be plug and play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter View Post
          55W is overkill for fog lights and will probably burn the bowls on the fusion fogs. I've got a set of 3 inch bixenon fog lights coming in from China, when I get them I'll post about them, they might be an interesting option for you.
          I'll do 35 watts then which should already be plenty. And are those projectors that you're getting waterproof? Waterproofing is the reason in considering the fusion fog lights over just about any projector.

Comment

They're supposed to be.

Comment

They're supposed to be.
              How much do they cost? I found OEM fusion projectors for $50 each online.

Comment

$70-80ish, but shipping from China takes a while. They can take Halogen H11 or H9 bulbs they say too, but they don't have any photos of halogen output, I'm going to get some when they come in.

Comment

$70-80ish, but shipping from China takes a while. They can take Halogen H11 or H9 bulbs they say too, but they don't have any photos of halogen output, I'm going to get some when they come in.
                  Cool. In that case I'll just go with whichever of the two has better output with HIDs and a nice blue cutoff.

Comment

I found these fusion fog lights: http://www.wheelstiresandmore.com/Fo...FYa2wAod_qME-Q

I can't tell if these are OEM or replicas, and if they're replicas, do they perform the same as OEM ones? Do you guys think this is a good price for these or is there a better place to buy them?

Comment

Working...
                    X