I Need Help to Open Projector Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help to Open Projector Headlights

Hi, I have Spec-D HID Projector Headlights installed in my 2000 Mitsubishi Galant. I am wanting to open them because they drastically need cleaning since there is dirt and leaves inside the headlights. At what temperature would I need to bake them and for how long?? Also, what kind of sealant would I use to reseal? Thank you all for the help!

There are plenty of threads on how to do this. Do some searching. You use butyl rubber (some people use 3M window weld ribbon).

https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...o-retro-rubber
    [ 1999 Honda Prelude SH ] [ Hybrid TL projectors with OEM ZKW lenses] [ Adjustable OEM Ballasts ] [ Bi-halogen projectors with HIR bulbs]

Comment

That's a good link that Wicked SC provided. Everyone has a different idea on temperature and time. It seems like we all have varied experiences and kind of adjust accordingly. I personally use 200-220F for 10-15 minutes for butyl sealed headlights. For a permaseal I'd use a little higher temp and leave them in a little longer.

I also use something like these for permaseal headlights. Not necessary for butyl ones but a nice tool to have:

While you're in there you may want to swap projectors. TRS has a Spec-D kit.
      --- 2008 WK - Headlight Retrofit - Foglight Retrofit ---
      ---
      2013 Speed Triple ---
      --- 2003 SV650s - Retrofit ---

Comment

Working...
      X