2011 GMC Sierra headlights what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 GMC Sierra headlights what

Anyone know how to take a part or disassemble GMC Sierra headlights?

I'm wanting to do a retrofit with the Mini DS2 projectors with CBI 5500k or 6500k (which bulb would be better?)

Also would like to but some Ridgid Industries led D2 lights in the high beam spot how would I go about doing that as well?

Thanks in advance!
    Jake

With a lot of patience because they are permasealed. Bake in the oven 20 minutes at a time at 285, start at one corner and keep at it. Be careful not to crack the lens while prying.
    2010 Civic Si

Comment

Couldn't tell you how to remove your lights, but what I can tell you CBIs are awesome and have nice color. Me personally I think going up in Kelvins like 6500k starts giving a little PnP look and takes alot of lumens away that's just my opinion.

Sitting Behind That Beautiful Cutoff

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer1213 View Post
        With a lot of patience because they are permasealed. Bake in the oven 20 minutes at a time at 285, start at one corner and keep at it. Be careful not to crack the lens while prying.
        I bought aftermarket headlights so I believe the sealant will be "easier" to work with

Comment

Originally posted by 06BlkMax View Post
          Couldn't tell you how to remove your lights, but what I can tell you CBIs are awesome and have nice color. Me personally I think going up in Kelvins like 6500k starts giving a little PnP look and takes alot of lumens away that's just my opinion.

Sitting Behind That Beautiful Cutoff

Sounds good thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by lilsullivan04 View Post
            I bought aftermarket headlights so I believe the sealant will be "easier" to work with
            OH! YES! Much easier. 225 for 15-20 at a time and they should pry apart really easy.

If you can afford the OEM bulbs, CBI's - otherwise, 5500K will be a close match to the CBI's. I would skip on the LED pod the high beam idea - you would get more use out of the halogen reflector.
            2010 Civic Si

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer1213 View Post

OH! YES! Much easier. 225 for 15-20 at a time and they should pry apart really easy.

If you can afford the OEM bulbs, CBI's - otherwise, 5500K will be a close match to the CBI's. I would skip on the LED pod the high beam idea - you would get more use out of the halogen reflector.
              I'm wanting to paint the headlight reflector would it still be a good idea for the led pods?

Also what are the OEM bulbs? Are they CBI bulbs?

Comment

You can do whatever you want - my suggestion is no LED pod because the light will be very directional.

You can paint the chrome bezel black and leave the high beam reflector chrome.

OEM bulbs are bulbs used in OEM HID applications - I.E - your car came with it from the factory. They are made my Philips, Osram, etc. CBI = Cool Blue Intense and is made my Osram.
                2010 Civic Si

Comment

Ok sounds great and any suggestions are welcome I've never done a retrofit before.

Comment

Take your time and go slow. Lower the K value more usable light output but CBI only comes in 1 color I believe

Nathanael Carriere

Facebook l Instagram l Website l Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Hinyo View Post
                      Take your time and go slow. Lower the K value more usable light output but CBI only comes in 1 color I believe
                      I believe the CBI comes in 5500k and yes I will definitely take my time and not rush i may make it a two to three day project.

Comment

Originally posted by lilsullivan04 View Post
                        I believe the CBI comes in 5500k and yes I will definitely take my time and not rush i may make it a two to three day project.
                        More like 2 or 3 week project, once people starting giving you some good tweaks to your project. I got the XB 35 4500K bulbs and I'm truly happy with them so far. Thats one way to save, $50 for them or $180 for the CBI's.

Comment

Originally posted by 3puttjay View Post
                          More like 2 or 3 week project, once people starting giving you some good tweaks to your project. I got the XB 35 4500K bulbs and I'm truly happy with them so far. Thats one way to save, $50 for them or $180 for the CBI's.
                          I'd say CBI's are worth it and it's not too hard to come across used pairs for pretty cheap
                          2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
                          2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

Working...
                          X