Black or white demon eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black or white demon eyes?

I've been searching for a while now and have found NOTHING on this.

Has anyone done demon eyes (shield paint method, no LED) in black or white?

I'm wanting to do demon eyes for my retro, but want to stay away from blue or red as cops have been attracted to me as of late for some reason anyways, and I really don't feel like giving them a reason to pull me over. My car is White anyways so I don't think red or blue would look that great or fit....

So, if you have any pics or can point me to some pics of Preojectors with black or while painted shields that would be great!, thanks!

Black and white are both colors that you don't notice. And painting the shield red or blue would be fine if you aren't using an led. Its like having a red car, that's not illegal. I think red looks good with any color car
    FXR 3.0, Osram 66240, morimoto 5five ballasts
    Matchbox projectors for hi beam, 35w 4300k
    Is300 fogs, 100w halogens
    Originally posted by phantom240
    Having spent a good many days helping my friend with his '85 300SDL, I can say that it takes balls of steel, an anus of concrete, and infinite patience to bring one of these Deutschland Demons back to life.

Comment

Black makes the projector look like a dark abyss. I wanted to go down this path but also wanted red LEDs so I left it plain.

White looks great against an blacked out headlight. A user here "Evoxenon" had some pics of white demon eyes.

Comment

Black also makes for a sharper cutoff.

Glad the steel gray matches my gray truck. Color matching for the win!!

Comment

I don't know if you would notice the black enough to go through the hassle of doing it. The white would probably look pretty cool. And I think any color will make for a slightly sharper cut off.

Comment

I painted the inside of my fx-r's white and I believe on one of Outlaws retros he did black. i'll try and dig up pics

Originally posted by soulsea
            I'm pretty sure they are meant for off road use ... actual off road use, not pretend off road use
            Originally posted by soundman98
            fwd burnouts are kinda like wheelchair tricks to me... sure it's neat and all, but it's still operating with a handicap.. so yes, "look one-leg-dan is doing wheelies!!" sounds the same in my head as "watch this honda do a burnout!!"

Comment

awesome, thanks for dropping names for me guys, I'll do some more searching

Comment

It's not going to be much trouble to do it since my projectors are still just laying there and I'm itching to do something with it while I wait do decide what route I want to go in the halo department and get the funds to do it.

I feel like I'm never going to finish because I just constantly think of new things I want to do with it lol

Comment

If you guys find any pics point me to them, I've been browsing the threads of the names mentioned in here and have yet to find any...

Comment

click the fx-r link in my sig and look on page 12

I'm pretty sure they are meant for off road use ... actual off road use, not pretend off road use
                    fwd burnouts are kinda like wheelchair tricks to me... sure it's neat and all, but it's still operating with a handicap.. so yes, "look one-leg-dan is doing wheelies!!" sounds the same in my head as "watch this honda do a burnout!!"

Comment

the last pic in post #117?

It looks nice I think, better than just leaving it steel and unpainted. If I had any sort of color theme to my car I would be looking at other colors, but all I have is a CF hood and a white car lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Brownbob06 View Post
                        the last pic in post #117?

It looks nice I think, better than just leaving it steel and unpainted. If I had any sort of color theme to my car I would be looking at other colors, but all I have is a CF hood and a white car lol.
                        yes, also on page 19 you can see how they look on the car

Comment

Here's a couple of black ones

Comment

Originally posted by MAD View Post
                            Here's a couple of black ones
                            Wow, that projector just looks evil.
                            -Kyle

Working On My 1st Headlight Retrofit (E46 + H3 Mini Bosch) -> 96' Infiniti G20

Comment

And here's the white one's I was looking for

Comment

Working...
                              X