No announcement yet.

cutoff shield painting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulled my wifes retrofit apart to do some painting. I sold em and the buyer had some requests...

Comment

• does affect the lighting in any way?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluedevilz View Post
        does affect the lighting in any way?
        Only if you get paint on the cutoff part of the shield. Then it will effect the sharpness of the cutoff and light may refract differently over it. Other than that, output is not effected.
        *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

• I think I'll probably powder coat the shields on my next retro if I do anything with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by HK45 View Post
            Only if you get paint on the cutoff part of the shield. Then it will effect the sharpness of the cutoff and light may refract differently over it. Other than that, output is not effected.
            I always throw some painters tape on the top part of the shield.
            If you don't do that then you could always lightly sand the top of the shield.
            Anthony
            2011 Ford Fiesta SES Hatchback
            2008 Wrangler Unlimited FX-R Retrofit
            2011 Fiesta Retrofit Number 2

Comment

• Anyone have some painted their shields orange and mind showing them off? I'm definitely painting mine for this retro and since I'm running the Demon Eyes XSB in them orange would be a perfect color.
              2000 Arctic White Pontiac Trans Am WS6
              Quad Beam China Sealed Projectors, 2 Morimoto Kits With 5500K Bulbs, J.W. Speaker Knock-off Orange LED Fog Lights & Custom 99 LED License Plate Light

2009 Charcoal/Silver Suzuki Hayabusa
              Dual Morimoto H1s, Morimoto HID Kit With 5500K Bulbs, Real 2x2 Twill Carbon Fiber Shroud

Comment

• Working on my second retrofit for my Silverado. I have the D2S 4.0. Going to lower the step, but I was looking at doing this mod. I bought color match paint in a rattle can to do some color matching of the shrouds. I'm not sure at the moment if its high temp, but would it work for the shield? I had it on the shrouds of my previous retro with no issues, so just wondering if it'd be good on the shrouds. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• sorry to bump an old thread.

what will painting a shield white look like

Comment

• Not great since the paint will discolor from the heat and look yellow and gross. In my attempt I even used VHT paint rated to 2000°F and it still yellowed. Even initially the effect is pretty much unnoticeable. It's best to use vibrant colors like neons.

Comment

Working...
                    X