Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I suck at posting lol

I'm only able to align with 15ft 10in..

I think my headlights aren't aligned.. The driver side is higher than passenger..
    IMG_3241.jpg
    It was difficult to find the driver side step-up line.. So I just measured from bulb to bulb for width and put it on the wall. Is this how it's done?
    13 CR-V

Comment

Oh and just to avoid any confusion. The headlight I had on the first page was a cheap tabs-missing eBay unit.
      13 CR-V

Comment

Nice work, but I would put shrouds in there, you're already spent a lot work in there. I'll make it OEM look and cleaner. I have to look, but I use those TRS rubber cap and no clearance issue. It was pretty tight and you have to loosen the headlight to take out the bulb but it fits with no modification. The CRV that I worked on was brand new with couple thousands miles only, so I was pretty cautious about it.

I think Apollo or E55 look good on there..

Also, I wouldn't not worry about the headlight alignment. I would put the projector in there with soft mounting, assemble them in the car AND do your alignment there before you lock it down. Unless you don't have access to the car, aligning the beam while the projectors are in the car is the best method.
        FEEDBACK THREAD
        00-03 Nissan Maxima HID Retrofit
        6th gen AV6 FX35 Retrofit
        Chassis and Suspension
        2000 Sunlit Sand Maxima SE 5Spd.

Comment

Thanks!

Im thinking about painting the reflector bowl flat-black. The shroud you used looks good and close to oem.

Yea it's my car I'm working on. The alignment will be done on the car.
          13 CR-V

Comment

SOB >.<*
            image.jpg
            13 CR-V

Comment

Got the driver side projector tacked on.
              How soon can I remove the projector-reflector again to apply jb weld on the back side?
              image.jpgimage.jpg
              When I set the projector all the way back, there's no room for the igniter. So put a plate to push the projector forward.
              image.jpg
              image.jpg
              Tomrrow will be the other side and hopefully finish everything.
              13 CR-V

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg
                13 CR-V

Comment

niceeeeeee!

Comment

Thanks.

Got it done two nights ago.
                    13 CR-V

Comment

I want to thank everyone here for their help and advise. Overall I'm happy with the retro and the experience.
                      IMG_3371.jpg
                      13 CR-V

Comment

^^^ looks great!

Comment

Good job!

Comment

How did you remove the reflector from the housing? Does it just pop out? My wife has a 2014 CRV and I want to retro the lights on it.

Comment

Great job! Night and day difference in that night drive you took I'm sure! Very clean retro!
                              2010 Civic Si

Comment

Thanks guys!

@dtexan, yes it's quite easy.
                                First, you unscrèw the bolt all the way. Do it slowly and observe the tension since you're pushing the reflector all the way forward with one side pressing against the housing.

Second, use a heat gun on the inner lower pivot ball joint. The tension should help push out the ball joint once it's hot enough. If not, you can pull out easily but be careful not to yank all the way out.

Do the same thing on the outer ball joint. Best to heat it from the rear thru the dust boot hole. Once it's hot enough, it should pop right out.

Be careful with the T-shape plastic the bolt screws on. Sometimes the bolt pops back in while you're trying to release the ball joints, and that it may break.

Hope that helps.
                                13 CR-V

Comment

Working...
                                X