Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my alignment off, or is this enormous step normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my alignment off, or is this enormous step normal?

So I've been noticing my projectors MIGHT be annoying drivers in front of me in the right hand lane. Thing is, as far as I know, my projectors are aligned pretty well. For reference, they're E55s with ZKW-R lenses. Don't mind the passenger's side cutoff step, I mangled the shield something fierce when I, in a frustrated rage, bent it to the point of no return in an attempt to stop the shield from sticking in highbeam. Anyways, here's the pic, from about 35-40 ft I estimate. I know the rotation on my driver's side is a tiny bit counter clockwise, but it's not enough to bother me. I think I need to bring the passenger's side projector a bit more to the left. But vertically, does it look about right? The street sits just a bit lower than the driveway I'm on, but the car was level enough not to roll without the parking brake. My concern is that at 80-100 ft, the step is enormous

Here's the step at about 100'. Mind you, the car isn't at all level, and I'm on a serious incline. But this demonstrates how tall the beam gets

Last edited by phantom240; August 25th, 2014, 10:45 AM.
    Originally posted by Bitter
    They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Aren't ECE slopes meant to be taller than the step intended for the US?
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

No clue if these are ECE, lol. They're Maxima E55s, and that's about as far as my knowledge of them goes.
      They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

That height may be reasonable for an ECE slope:
        http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...-or-DOT-cutoff
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Neat! I can honestly say I really love how well these hit signs. I might be a little annoying to people in front of me who are getting a bit too much from the driver's side projector... but I know good and well from seeing my cutoff hitting the pavement that I'm not blinding oncoming traffic.

Comment

My OEM E55's have a slope cutoff that is about three to four times taller than the EvoX-R step cutoff, so what you're seeing is pretty much what I'd imagine the output would be on the road. And yes, that is an ECE cutoff.

OEM halogen reflector headlights | Osram Rallye H7 65W low beams | Philips Vision H1 55W high beams | Pre-facelift orange indicators

Retrofits in progress: MDX LED retrofit | RX350/EvoX-R quad w/'moto HD relay, Mitsubishi gen4 ballasts and selectable quad wiring (needs lots of fixing)

My retrofits

Comment

Looks right to me

Comment

The E55's have a pretty big slope, looks normal.

Comment

Basically how my OEM E39 (low beam E55) looks in my X5, I always think my lights are aimed too high because it really aids in seeing street signs, but I never get high beamed lol

Comment

I get highbeamed once in a while when coming home from grocery shopping or when accelerating hard. The ass end squats pretty hard. lol.

Comment

It sucks being ahead and to the right of some of these BMWs sometimes. The glare swallows up my L rear view mirror, because the step is so high.

Comment

Yup, looks right for the type of step.
                        2010 Civic Si

Comment

those look sweet like that. I wish my rx350s had a slightly taller step, but I digress. I'm not complaining, coming from cheap eBay projector lights, to the rx350 was a game changer

Comment

Taller!? I hate that mine are so big. I wish they were smaller.
                            2012 Camry SE RX-350/STI-R Build Thread

Comment

Nothing significantly larger, but just a bit. I live in the woods basically, and having a little extra height on the shoulder would be nice

Comment

Working...
                              X