'00 Ranger Projectors - Odd Beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '00 Ranger Projectors - Odd Beam

First of all I am fully aware that I purchased cheap and most likely low quality projector housings (SpecD-Tuning), and a mid-level HID setup. I am unsure as to whether or not the odd beam pattern is due simply to the quality or another issue? Beyond the near impossible alignment procedure this is the only other issue I had found.

It doesn't effect the overall amount of light per say, but the visibility of the projector lense in my beam pattern (pictured) causes a dark spot in the center of my field of view.

Yes, it's the projector optics. Does your projector look like this?

Here's the halogen output of it:

Nothing you can do about it.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Yes indeed, thanks for the clarification. Luckily the entire housing setup was only $120.00, I can bare with its flaws at that price point.

Comment

Those projectors were not designed for HIDs, so you need to use halogen bulbs in them.

Comment

I don't think the projectors were designed for anything real for that matter, halogen or otherwise.

I use the housing (not the same vehicle that OP is talking about) for the base of my retrofit. My guess is my method of mounting my alternate projectors (Mini D2S 2.0 for my first retrofit; EvoX-R for my second) in that housing may be relevant if you want to make functional use of your headlights. See the link in my signature.

From my first retrofit of the bugeye wrx headlights, Mini D2S 2.0 in the low beam projector position:

From my 2nd retrofit, e55r in the low beam position:

Mini D2S 2.0 in the high beam position, custom threaded collar (the grey plastic piece):
          Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
          X