Toyota camry fog morimoto mini H1 retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota camry fog morimoto mini H1 retrofit

So I'm trying to retrofit the morimoto mini h1 into my 2012 toyota camry fog lights. The projector is huge so I had to cut out the back side of the fog housing and now I have it positioned nicely.

i think what i will do is use silicone to seal the foglight to the projector, then use a cup of some sort, cut a hole for the projector rear end screw, and weld the two plastic peices together.
    what could i use to weld two plastic peices together solid?
    any suggestions appreciated. thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by deuce07; January 6th, 2014, 11:28 AM.

i did the same exact thing to my 2002 honda civic foglights. i plastic welded a cup on the back side of the projector and used PL400 to seal it all. i used a 50w soldering iron as it give a good continues heat which is perfect for plastic welding.

new lights 004.jpg

make sure you secure the projector with screws first as the projector will get very hot and could melt your silicone. or just use PL400 as its like concrete when dry.
    Last edited by michael.kozera; January 6th, 2014, 04:03 PM.
    Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion bro,
      I kind of can't screw the projector into the fog lights because I cut the whole back side of the fog lights.

im thinking I could cut a cup, cut screw sized mounting points at the end that I'm gonna use that pl400 and that should stay.

so you're saying I probably shouldn't use silicone touching the projector because of heat? What about the rear metal bowl of the projector

Comment

in general just don't put any silicone on it as when silicone gets hot it out gasses and leaves a residue on everything. the only silicone i would use is on the outside of the housing. that way it wont be touching hot metal only cold plastic.

what i did was take a plastic cup and screw the projector into the cup, then i plastic welded that cup onto the foglight housing.
        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

I think most people would reach for the JB Weld for this project!

Comment

JB Steel Stik!

Originally posted by cthunder
            The more you mod your car the moodier it gets.
            Avalon Dual Lens | Rogue LED | Mori 3800K | Mori 3Five | H11 PnP LED

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
              I think most people would reach for the JB Weld for this project!
              so JB weld on the plastics? enlighten me please! how should i proceed with this project? JB this, jb that,
              Last edited by deuce07; January 7th, 2014, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Just lots and lots of JB weld haha.

Comment

Any plans on sealing up the back somehow ?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.5alti06 View Post
                    Any plans on sealing up the back somehow ?
                    Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
                    Just lots and lots of JB weld haha.
                    ^^^ lol

Comment

Nice, check my profile, I did my gen6 fogs as well with fxrs.

2007 e90 335i
                      //OEM

Comment

Originally posted by luvlexus101 View Post
                        Nice, check my profile, I did my gen6 fogs as well with fxrs.

where do i find it in your profile? didn't find any links for it

Comment

I mounted mine with nuts n bolts and used aluminum tape to seal the back side of it. No shroud or cover just mini 6.0 an bolts. Tested in heavy rain this past month an not one issue. Checked them to see an no probs. mine would work with the stock fog housing so I bolted it to the fog light housing brackets that were attached to the bumper. Some cutting the whole wider was req'd but otherwise great.

Comment

Hmm I was just wondering because I would think that it would not be good to have the base of the bulb exposed to the elements and also allowing moisture into the front half of the housing being that the bulb seal is not air tight

Comment

I was thinking of doing similar to the TL-S fogs I purchased.
                              Did you folks install the Mini H1s as is? or did you cover up the projector---as I see it's "open type"

Comment

Working...
                              X