Mh1 6.0 light beams crossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mh1 6.0 light beams crossing

Any one have this issue before? I have a 08 civic coupe my light beams meet together at about 30 feet and from there cross over to the opposite side and no I don't have ant horizontal screws. My passenger side is bad cz it ends up in the on coming traffic side. I've sanded the back of the reflector evenly and flat from what I could see. Any ideas possibly using shims? This would be my last resort by using jb weld to hold if straight and then tighten the lock nut down? Il post some pics later today or tomorrow

They are pointed in towards each other then. They should never meet
    AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Could we get a picture of the back? I was just retrofitting our year a few weeks ago, and i got it to just fit

Comment

if it has no horizontal alinement then unfortunately your gonna have to shim/jb weld it straight.

are you sure that your headlight is mounted properly to your subframe? perhaps your headlights are off abit.
        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Halogens generally point in anyway. So when you do a retrofit trying to match the beam pattern using a halogen reference line on the wall, you'll get the same results. Some people like them pointing in a little. Some like them straight. It's all about preference. My passenger side EvoX-R points in a little more than my driver's side. My halogens were the same way.

Comment

Pointing slightly inwards is ok, but meeting at 30ft is a bit too short imho.
            Is there any yaw adjustment from the oem reflector?
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

whats the year make and model?

and yes , meeting at 30ft is too close IMO
              Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
                whats the year make and model?

and yes , meeting at 30ft is too close IMO
                Originally posted by amgcivic View Post
                I have a 08 civic coupe

they shouldnt meet at all. The civic headlights are perfectly straight with the h1 mini projectors as they fit exactly where the halogens are.
                Are the headlights tabs flush in their place? The side mounting tab on the bottom and the nub where the turn signal is

Comment

Originally posted by danny4327 View Post
                  woops, didn't see how i missed that.

OP are you sure that there is only one adjustment screw on each headlight, sometimes the adjustment screws can be hidden from view.
                  Last edited by michael.kozera; December 28th, 2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

..probably irrelevant since youve got a civic.. But my wifes aveo has secondary adjuster screws, but they're hidden under some caps, unlike the main up/down adjuster that's not covered. Maybe something to look for? Also sometimes you can unscrew the balljoint bolt that reflector snaps onto?
                    Last edited by 702•LTZ; December 28th, 2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michael.kozera View Post
                      woops, didn't see how i missed that.

OP are you sure that there is only one adjustment screw on each headlight, sometimes the adjustment screws can be hidden from view.
                      Originally posted by 702•LTZ View Post
                      ..probably irrelevant since youve got a civic.. But my wifes aveo has secondary adjuster screws, but they're hidden under some caps, unlike the main up/down adjuster that's not covered. Maybe something to look for?
                      Im pretty sure we don't have horizontal adjustment screws... Just vertical

Comment

No just vertical adjustment and il get pix tonite of output. Could the washer size have anything to do with it I used the larger silicone grommet and smaller metal washer? I've done the d2s before on my 08 civic coupe ex and got it straight. Unfortunately I can't get pix from back of headlight since I have to take bumper off and other pia parts.
                        Last edited by amgcivic; December 29th, 2013, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by amgcivic View Post
                          No just vertical adjustment and il get pix tonite of output. Could the washer size have anything to do with it I used the larger silicone grommet and smaller metal washer? I've done the d2s before on my 08 civic coupe ex and got it straight. Unfortunately I can't get pix from back of headlight since I have to take bumper off and other pia parts.
                          I didn't use the rubber if I recall because the 6.0 threads are shorter. I went straight in then lock ring

Comment

Outputs

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Comment

Looks like they were aimed as ____/------ at your garage instead of ___/----/----- then as you back up they split..

Comment

Working...
                              X