Custom headlight alignment screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom headlight alignment screws

Considering doing a new retrofit in my truck, a 2002 Chevy Avalanche (with cladding). Currently I have just some Mini H1 7.0s installed in factory style housings. The lenses are turning to crap again, and I'm not super happy with their performance anyway, so I was considering a new set of housings with either TSX projectors or some RX350 bixenons I have hanging around. I also purchased a set of Mini HB highbeam LED projectors for funsies. Using a spare housing that I had hanging around, I started playing with arrangements and RX350s are simply too tall for the housing I believe. Furthermore, the Mini HB will absolutely not fit in the highbeam reflector without some serious cutting to set it further back, as it protrudes past where the lens sits. So I'm thinking of using some fiberglass board, the same type TRS/Morimoto makes the retroquik adapters out of, and doing away with the stock reflectors altogether. My problem is that there's only one alignment screw on these headlights, and they adjust vertically. I'd like to add horizontal as well, but I guess that's not super important as long as I get my measurements spot on from the beginning... which is unlikely. Any words of wisdom from the experienced retrofitters out there? JNC's thread is functionally useless, since the pictures are gone, and I haven't seen any retros that do away with the stock reflectors in quite some time.
    Originally posted by Bitter
    They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

No words of wisdom from me, but it's quite strange that your headlights in stock form doesn't have yaw adjustment!!
    2006 Grand Vitara 3dr
    Projector swap: MH1 7.0, XB35, XB 4500K, custom wiring
    CAD designed adapter plate, manual leveling motors

How to use Imgur to embed photos

Comment

https://custom-brackets-designs.mysh...ofit-c-bracket

maybe this helps you out.
      Subaru Outback retrofit:
      http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...aru-Outback-H6
      License plate lights with dual brightness:
      https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...hen-backing-up

Comment

Originally posted by NoodleFace View Post
        No words of wisdom from me, but it's quite strange that your headlights in stock form doesn't have yaw adjustment!!
        It's a chevrolet truck... would you really expect anything less from the bean counters at GM? lol

Originally posted by Crossgolf View Post
        Yeah, I've seen those before. Unfortunately, I don't think those will fit my Avalanche, because it's a 2002, and the cladded models used different headlights.
        Originally posted by Bitter
        They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

Working...
        X