is300 Mini H1 7.0/Q45 retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is300 Mini H1 7.0/Q45 retrofit

There was a company I purchased the bracket for my h1's and he also had a bracket that was unavailable at the time for the q45. I have a couple measurements and using an acrylic sheet I picked up to make the template and try to mount the q45's but I'm wondering if it would be sufficient enough to hold if I stick with the acrylic as opposed to to a metal bracket like the ones for the h1's. Any input would help thank you I also have spare headlights opened up if anyone wants or needs them for their own purposes but no spare q45

Acrylic could work if it is thick enough to be sufficiently rigid, and you keep it away from too much heat concentration. As I imagine it will mount to the q45's flange, heat should be minimal.
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I appreciate it! I was thinking I could double up on layering of the acrylic

Comment

I don't know if 2 layers of acrylic vs 1 layer (of equal total thickness) is an advantage. If you're cutting it manually, then perhaps it is a slight advantage. There may plastic part store near you (e.g. Tap Plastics stores are available near where I am) that sells various plastics of various sizes.

Comment

It’s strong enough with just one layer considering how narrow I have to cut them to fit. I was thinking they wouldn’t be. The issue I’m experiencing is that it the mounting points on the housing are very weak for the q45s. I also have to trim down the bezel due to the old owner purchasing aftermarket headlights, they don’t allow a flush fitment through the opening like the OEM bezels.

Comment

Would a thin acrylic with a few reinforcements using aluminum L brackets work then? That is, create the acrylic bracket first, mount the projector, and then see which direction the bracket is not stiff enough. Bolt on L-bracket in that direction (and where space is available).

Comment

The left bracket is touching the reflector but can be moved back to align and allow the mounting to be flush with the right. The right side can’t be pushed out forward so it’ll be staying as is. Still need to make a few little cuts to fit perfectly but both mounting points on the bottom, especially the auto leveler would not be possible so they are free floating. I’ll put everything together today just to see what’s possible. Might also have to extend housing using a pvc
              Last edited by Alelongdro; September 15th, 2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

https://flic.kr/p/2jGStJT
                https://flic.kr/p/2jGW3VE

Comment

Oh.
                  I might want to cut a small L-bracket and bolt it just below the two mounts on the sides for rigidity, as the acrylic may flex there.

Comment

I appreciate it I was thinking of finding someone who can make some brackets once I’m done perfecting these so I don’t have to worry once its all put back together.

Comment

I see. Yes, that would be easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X