Broken Bulb Holders and Lock Rings of Morimoto D2S 4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Bulb Holders and Lock Rings of Morimoto D2S 4.0

Two years ago I made retrofit of headlights on my Alfa Romeo GT. Everything was Ok until few months ago when started problems of alignment and nivelation of beams.
    Finally, few days ago I found that lock ring on both of projectors don't tight them enough and projectors can partially rotate about their longitudinal axes. Too thin lock rings caused this issue in my opinion and I made new lock rings and new bulb holder (all by brass, in local workshop) because some of them are broken in deinstallation procedure. Pictures which show old and new parts are below.

Last edited by dusanGt; March 18th, 2020, 11:41 AM.
    To err is human, but feel is divine!

Did they mention what the thread size is?
    Originally posted by HK45
    I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

If I remember correctly it's a metric thread 1.5, but I don't sure... I can inform you about this tomorrow.

Comment

Information from workshop: M37x1.5 metric thread is used for both parts.
        Photo with lock ring in chuck of lathe machine.

Comment

I like the knurled design, the bulb holder must be easier on the fingers than the original one.
          Originally posted by HK45
          I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Bulb holder without spring and maybe with thick silicone washer (or something similar inside) would be good DIY idea.
            Solution offered in case of Morimoto Mini D2S 5.0 is good but isn't too simple to make by lathe.
            Lock ring need to be enough thick (with more threads), because of easy hand manipulation and because silicone holder becomes
            thinner during time, which weaken the tightness of connection between lock ring and reflector body.

Comment

Working...
            X