Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutoff rotation alignment with brackets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eddie View Post

Maybe the whole bracket thing doesn't align correctly with the outer housing. How'd you make out with the rotational issue?
    Maybe - but then I'd be in deeper doodoo right? haha

The rotational issue I still think is due to how the housing fits on the car - I was also suggested to bolt the bottom arm up to the car (the annoying blind bolt one) and I could try that as well if I can find the bolts. That's my theory anyway since the two housings seem to fit in that same opening differently (I determined this by comparing how the mounting bolts lineup when reattaching to the truck it's slightly different and a "tighter" fit on the TYCs). I won't get to test the theory until probably this weekend when I can transplant this stuff into the OEM housings.

Comment

Ahh you should install that blind mounting bolt. When I test-fitted these cheapass aftermarket headlights on my 3rd-gen one mounting/aiming bracket (headlight housing bolts on to this bracket, then bracket bolts onto body) was so tweaked I had to bolt down the blind hole to get it somewhat straight, otherwise I couldn't even mount the grill and corner light.
      Originally posted by HK45
      I don't even look to see what Eddie writes anymore. I'm too busy staring at his avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Ahh you should install that blind mounting bolt. When I test-fitted these cheapass aftermarket headlights on my 3rd-gen one mounting/aiming bracket (headlight housing bolts on to this bracket, then bracket bolts onto body) was so tweaked I had to bolt down the blind hole to get it somewhat straight, otherwise I couldn't even mount the grill and corner light.
        It might help the rotational alignment issues due to the increased weight, but I'll still be stuck with the vertical aiming issues until I figure that part out too.

Comment

Originally posted by bkim7
          Ah I see. I didn't look closely enough at the pictures you posted. Keep us posted, I'm curious to find out what's causing you these issues. Best of luck!
          Long update:

I took both sets apart yesterday and found out the TYC housing adjusters were indeed stripped afterall - and on both sides. I solved this by swapping over both stock OEM projector mounts/high beam bowls into the TYC housings and they were able to be aimed fine. I moved the washers back to the original seating (flat), and everything seems fine except when I mount the shroud/lens back to the passenger side. I can't get enough vertical adjustment still - driver's side is fine and at a decent height.

I tried the bolting up the blind bolt during the test fit/aiming - took FOREVER and made zero improvements on aim-ability/stability.

Another curious development - somehow with the OEM mount/hb bowl - the hb bulb is unable to be mounted in a usable way - it's way too far in.

One problem after another - sigh.

At this point I'm guessing I'm getting a significant amount of interference from the stock shroud...gonna probably have to re-split and shave away at the shroud for clearance.

Comment

Working...
          X