Help with my new projector please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my new projector please!

I recently installed a projector in my headlights but when I walk on damaged streets the light is shaking as if the projector is loose but ita not. Someonecan help me please?

Headlight mounted properly? Bulb secured? What projectors?

Comment

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
      Headlight mounted properly? Bulb secured? What projectors?
      the headlamp is well installed and the bulbs fitted tightly. the projector is universal, maybe that's the problem. the projector is not the best but it's not bad it's a universal retrofit. the headlight is very tight thanks for reply bro

Comment

Is this a projector with threaded shaft like the Mini H1 types? The OE reflector assembly (& its mounting support) might not be sturdy enough to support the cantilever weight from the projector, causing up-down movement of the beam when going through rough roads.

If the threaded shaft is indeed securely mounted, such reflector flexibility issue means that you may need to mount the projector in a different way.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          Is this a projector with threaded shaft like the Mini H1 types? The OE reflector assembly (& its mounting support) might not be sturdy enough to support the cantilever weight from the projector, causing up-down movement of the beam when going through rough roads.

If the threaded shaft is indeed securely mounted, such reflector flexibility issue means that you may need to mount the projector in a different way.
          I noticed today that it really is the weight of the reflector that causes it. but what would be the other alternative to install without vibrating? Maybe glue? (And yep, my projector is mini h1 one with threaded shaft) Thanks bro

Comment

You could get some long screws and 3 nuts for each screw; run the long screw through the holes on the projector's mounting flange towards the reflector. Drill holes where the long screws meet the reflector. Use 1 nut to secure the screw to the mounting flange, and the other 2 to secure the end of the screw that goes through the OE reflector. You probably will reduce the flex with just 2 screws at the bottom side.
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Its probably not locked into one of the ball joints/ clips or whatever they are called

Comment

Working...
              X