Sloping cutoff in H4 halogen reflector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloping cutoff in H4 halogen reflector

I installed one projector and it has a sloping cutoff. My halogen also had similar sloping cutoff but i thought projectors always have a straight one.

this is how my halogen looked like except mine is rhd. Anyway to get a straight cutoff? The headlight only has left to right and up to down adjustments.

dice computer games

cutoff from my led projector below

Last edited by puneet_India; March 30th, 2019, 06:30 AM.

You should read ECE R112 regulations. That way you will understand what is the approved lighting standards.

The 15 degree slope is required for ECE. Most aftermarket projectors (led or hid) do not mimic it.
    www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

So how do i make it to a flat cutoff? Rules nobody anyway cares here amd im okay as il use car offroad

Comment

For projectors, you can modify the shield to cast a different cutoff shade. Grind the notch/step from the shield and move the shield up to make up for the lost material.
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
          For projectors, you can modify the shield to cast a different cutoff shade. Grind the notch/step from the shield and move the shield up to make up for the lost material.
          Wont it be easier to just grind that locking h4 base plate and then perma fixing it?

Comment

Originally posted by puneet_India View Post

Wont it be easier to just grind that locking h4 base plate and then perma fixing it?
            It is possible I misinterpreted your question. To clarify; with a projector, the light seen on a wall ahead can look like the illustration below, right side; with light extending left and right, but with the right side having extra light at a higher position. The low beam shield on the projector on the other hand, is illustrated by the "silver" color on the left side illustration.

Is it correct that your question is how to make the shadow cast on the wall (per the picture on the right above) appear like the lit area (i.e. white in that illustration) go straight all the way from left to right?
            Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Working...
            X