Generic H1 Projectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic H1 Projectors

I installed a pair of cheap generic $28 H1 projectors in my 2002 F150. Didn't want to spend much to see how to do this. I think I got lucky. Using some $6 H1 bulbs from Walmart the pattern and cutoff looks pretty darn good. Not sure how long they will last, but I would probably replace them with Morimotos in the future. My question is can I continue to use halogen bulbs (maybe step up the grade) or should I go ahead and bite the bullet and get an HID kit?

Depends if the projectors are designed for HID or halogen. Sounds like it's a halogen projector, so don't bother. Save up for a HID projector (i.e. Morimoto mini H1 v7)

Headlight lighting is more than just the cut off

Comment

It says it is for HID system. What is the difference in the lighting pattern? I'm new at this.

Comment

There isn't a difference in output necessarily, but in optical design. Which projectors did you get? Linking us will solve the issue. But yes with HID projectors in H1, you can use an H1 halogen without issue. Not ideal but not bad.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

I bought Nilight 2.5" Mini Projectors. Probably should have at least sprung for some Acme Standards or Supers

Comment

Yeah those are HID so you can run halogen and upgrade to HID later.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
            2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
              X