Help!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

First time retrofiting and having trouble that its not straight enough really need help. It will b much appreciated. It is slanted up on the right side. I retrofitted a 2013 toyota sienna le with 4g tl-r's and put cbi d2s bulbs.
    This is from 25 feet and the top of the tape is where the cutoff is supposed to be at.
    I took pictures blocking each light and then with both hitting fence

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A picture from further back may help. To me it looks like either the left projector is out of rotation (just a hair) or that the right one points a hair too low. You can see this when looking at the third pic. The first two pics are not very helpful as it looks like the beams of each projector bows a little bit giving the illusion that they are not straight, especially from close up.

Comment

There is no safety or efficacy requirement for the right side shadow to remain absolutely horizontal all the way. If you have a shield whose edges are perfectly horizontal (relative to the ground), but the position is high enough relative to the bulb-bowl-lens alignment's centerline, it will create a shadow that "smiles" like that, even on both sides when pushed further up. If the shield is much lower, it will create a "frown".

While you don't want the left side to smile too much, slight smile on the right side (for a right hand traffic / left hand drive) should be ok, even for DOT beam pattern.
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Sorry donít have an answer to your question but I was curious whether or not you had to trim any of the housing to make the TL-R projectors fit for the Sienna

Comment

Originally posted by bunmango
          Sorry don’t have an answer to your question but I was curious whether or not you had to trim any of the housing to make the TL-R projectors fit for the Sienna
          Yea I had to trim some knobs so the projector would fit flush against the housing and cut off a piece for the bi-xenon connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chupacabras760 View Post

Yea I had to trim some knobs so the projector would fit flush against the housing and cut off a piece for the bi-xenon connector

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Hah yea, I just saw your post over on siennachat. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X