Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Asking) swap halogen projector to Hid projector on Honda accord Euro 2006 (CL7 or 9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Asking) swap halogen projector to Hid projector on Honda accord Euro 2006 (CL7 or 9)

Hi Guys,
    I'm writing this topic to know that could I swap directly from 0my halogen projector to the aftermarket HID projector H1 on the Ebay?
    I have just install the HID bulbs to my halogen projector, however but it looks realy bad and i'm afraid that the i will blind oncoming driver eventhough I have adjusted the headlight. So I decide to replace the halogen projector to HId one.
    P/s: my headlight has designed for HID light. It has a space for balast. Also on the headlight it says that could fit with H1 halogen bulbs and D2s 35W
    Has any one done it before? Please, help me
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Ryannguyen; December 31st, 2016, 07:37 AM.

Hi Ryan,
    The 2006 Honda Accord (CL7/8/9) looks like the same as the US Acura TSX of the same generation (2004-2008). TSX headlamps came with HID projectors stock, so that may work. However, I don't know if it will swap directly. If you have opened the headlamps to your car previously, then maybe you know what the hole pattern for H1 projectors, and whether it will work. Pictures of TSX projectors are all over HIDP.

The space for the ballast is probably for a Mitsubishi ballast, since the TSX used Mitsubishi ballasts. You might not want to buy a used ballast from that year TSX because it's 10 years old and might not last very long. All Mitsubishi ballasts seem to have the same hole pattern, so if you can find someone selling them from a newer vehicle, go for it. Also, regarding ebay purchases, don't fall for "New" Mitsubishi or "New" TSX ballasts on ebay... they don't exist. Best advice for buying projectors and ballasts on there is to be sure they're used and pulled from a legitimate vehicle, preferably with pictures of the actual product that you'll be buying.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi 16cx-5,

Thank you for helping.I got a HID kit form my friend, he bought it form Japan and the balast is exactly fit to the space in headlight. I just need a hid projector for replacing the halogen projector. But I dont know where to get the projector. There are so many on eBay, but I don't know about those quality. Do u have some experience on aftermarket projector?
      Thank you!

Comment

See if the mount holes on your halogen projector match up to the TSX listed here:

Otherwise, your best bet is to retrofit a projector that will fit. There are some articles in the university section about projector dimensions. For aftermarket projectors from Morimoto, TRS has the dimensions on each projector's purchase page. If the TSX doesn't fit directly, then you might need to use another projector and use a bracket to mount the projector to your car. There are also articles about mounting projectors in the university section.

Comment

Thank you for that.
          I will take my H1 halogen Projector to see the dimension. I will take the picture as well.

Comment

I might be able to help out. Shoot me a message sometime but would love to see pictures as well

Nathanael Carriere

Facebook l Instagram l Website l Blog

Comment

There are some photo about my projector and the light output when i put hid into halogen projector.
              Update Internet Explorer for Windows 7 You might be using an old version of Internet Explorer that doesn't work with Google Drive. To use Google Drive, update your browser. Update Intern

Comment

Hi!

Honestly, skip the Mini H1, it is not best choice for HID for your Honda, especially generic H1.

YOu have two choices:

- OEM TSX projector - plug and play installation, Halogen and HID projector has same installation holes. You dont need unseal your headlihghts.
                - 4G TL-R (https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...oto-4tl-r.html) . You need special mounting bracket, but i can provide you the CAD model of this bracket, including the installation instructions. It is not easy like OEM TSX installation, but still is possible. Of course, you can use Q5-R projector in 2,5" version (China version of TL-R). There is also possiblity install the headlights without unsealing, but one fixaition hole must be precisly drilled BEFORE installation according to some example. I have one pair of unsealed headlights and i am using it as "preparing tool",.

I Highly recommend use OEM Mitsubishi ballast - all what you need is drill a hole, from bottom side of the. Difference between HID and halogen housing is only in two holes. But be careful, Honda has two versions of Mitsubishi ballasts, one is bigger one is smaller, so the installation holes are different, but anyway, you can fit it with small modification to both versions (smaller or bigger).

OEM Honda harness is desinged to use halogen/HID, so you dont need any extra harness.

The smaller version of ballast is here: http://www.oemxenonshop.com/Honda-Fi...t-Replace.html

https://vimeo.com/197766868

Last edited by marcos; January 2nd, 2017, 06:22 AM.

Comment

marcos Great information to know!

Nathanael Carriere

Comment

Hi Marcos,
                    Thank you for big helps, you have solved out my problem.
                    Can i ask you that where did you get the bracket from?

Comment

Yes! From my CAD

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...77273770578641

So, you need some company with laser cuting CNC machine. Best for use is stainless steel or aluminim plate, thickness 3 or 4 mm.

The holes in upper side on the projector must be redrilled to 4 mm diameter.

But there is one more issue - i need to know, where you must drill the next hole (left / right side), depend of the left or right headlight.

If you give me one or two weeks, i will prepare one more bracket, and you will use it temporary. You just take a hole bowl, install this temporary bracket, drill this holes to position define by holes", deassembly the temporary bracket and thats it!

This temporary bracket is now in development, in two weeks will be done.

Because you will install this upper big from fron side, you need also small bracket, installed in bottom side, under the new hole. It must be in same thickness as first bracket. Inside must be hole, 3,5 mm (OEM srews have 3 mm i think).

If you give me some time, i will give you detail info about this installation, more pictures. I have one pair of finished projectors at home, but i am away aprx. 2 weeks, so i can give you more pictures, and insrtructions.

But, all my project is based for NHK projector, but i think projector from Morimoto is exact same

Comment

yup NHK and Mori are the same!

Nathanael Carriere

Comment

Is anyone selling this bracket?

Comment

Working...
                          X