Mounting an RX350 in place of an E55 projector

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting an RX350 in place of an E55 projector

Anyone done this? I was curious what the differences are between the two for anyone that has either swapped them or happens to have both sets handy. I'm interested in lens to mounting hole distance differences as well the mounting hole differences.

The car is an Evo X. I was going to go with TL projectors but it looks like it will be a little difficult to nail down the lens to shroud spacing without hacking up the mounting bracket or doing what that other guy did with the FX-R projectors. I was hoping RX350s would be a little easier.

Send me a PM!

Nathanael Carriere

Facebook l Instagram l Website l Blog

Comment

PM'd you.

I got a reply from trs stating that the RX350 dimensions are as follows:

47mm Between top holes
      75mm Between bottom holes
      80mm Between top and bottom holes

36mm Between back plate and lens

Compared to the E55 Dimensions:

76.5mm Between top holes
      92.5mm Between bottom holes
      60mm Between top and bottom holes
      57mm Between back plate and lens

Now i'm curious to see the two next to each other. It looks like the back plate to lens spacing is the real deal breaker. The TL has almost identical lens spacing to the e55 making it easier to install without cutting too much. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.

Comment

What about an EvoX-R?
        Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

I've considered them but i'm not sure it's worth getting them when I have stock E55 projectors I can modify and get similar results. I love the output of the Rx350s also so i'm trying to convince myself it's worth the effort.

Comment

I'd modify the E-55's with some generic clear lenses and tuning. Generic clear lenses are like 10$ and u get great results.

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
              What about an EvoX-R?
              Hes right on that. EVO XR would ne a nice drop in

Nathanael Carriere

Facebook l Instagram l Website l Blog

Comment

I'm not sure if stock e55 has the same beam pattern as an EvoX-R. In addition, some e55 versions seem to have a not-so-reflective bowl (to the naked eye).

Comment

I'm not sure if stock e55 has the same beam pattern as an EvoX-R. In addition, some e55 versions seem to have a not-so-reflective bowl (to the naked eye).
                  Yup, know what you mean. I own a pair of OEM E-55 with the dull coating. Installed a generic TRS clear lens and gave it a minor tune. Nice output, crisp cutoff, nice color, sexy slope.

It's the one I sent to HK. He took beam shots that can be seen here...
                  https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...l-beam-gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvolari View Post
                    He took beam shots that can be seen here... https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...l-beam-gallery
                    Interesting

HK45's shots of your modified e55 (first) vs EvoX-R (second) at the lowest exposure setting:

I like the gradient towards the foreground on the modified e55, but it's hard to ignore the benefit of the 2 faceted bowl in regards to the side flares of the e55r.

Comment

I think it's that very same gradient coupled with the intense hotspot on the OEM E-55 that just makes it work so well on the road. Very good distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvolari View Post
                        I think it's that very same gradient coupled with the intense hotspot on the OEM E-55 that just makes it work so well on the road. Very good distance.
                        I thought that the e55r's hotspot is no less intense. Plus the benefit of the area where the 2 facets of the bowl joins, which makes the side flares.

Comment

Hope it is O.K. for me to bump this thread... I am looking for a set of E55/EvoX-R to RX350 brackets, too, if they exist...

Comment

Originally posted by MtnCar View Post
                            Hope it is O.K. for me to bump this thread... I am looking for a set of E55/EvoX-R to RX350 brackets, too, if they exist...
                            Maybe contact Hinyo ?

Comment

Maybe contact Hinyo ?
                              I have tried to contact Hinyo via DM and the email address listed in his site. I have not received a reply. I may fab some brackets myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X