Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do clear lens help mini h1 and mini d2s output?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do clear lens help mini h1 and mini d2s output?

I just installed mini h1 on my 2006 honda accord and getting ready to on 2008 honda civic, was just wondering if clear lens going to help i might give it a shot to upgrade output little bit. Thanks

If you purchase these from theretrofitsource.com, these projectors already come with clear lenses installed. I'm pretty sure the ones purchased from elsewhere do as well but I'm not certain.

Comment

Thanks nuvolari. Yes, whole setup from theretrofitsource.com

Comment

You're welcome. So you should already have them installed. And yes they do increase the beam intensity in comparison to frosted/dimpled/fresnel lenses.

Comment

As stated, MH1, MD2S, and FX-Ra all come with a clear lens. Pretty much everything OEM will have Fresnel lenses.
          *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks guys.
            Ok, now I have got another problem, before I was thinking that mini h1 output was not good, now that I have changed the headlight lens with the new one, my output is just ridiculously bright and rainbow color flicker with blue most obvious and I think I am blinding people with that output, there are several windy roads with up and down Hills light is shining on other drivers face, lighting up street signs far away, lighting up tree when I am on Hill. My aim is set to the bumper of car in front of me.
            Is there any lens that can lessen the output brightness? some of my friends are suggesting to smoke out the lens after looking at the output.
            Or
            I am just paranoid with this output.
            I heard b word once going downhill where other driver was coming uphill and road was turning right, two way road, no median.
            Thanks in advance for any input

Comment

Post pictures. Do not tint your headlight lens.
              It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
              2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

Originally posted by Uzair View Post
                Thanks guys.
                Ok, now I have got another problem, before I was thinking that mini h1 output was not good, now that I have changed the headlight lens with the new one, my output is just ridiculously bright and rainbow color flicker with blue most obvious and I think I am blinding people with that output, there are several windy roads with up and down Hills light is shining on other drivers face, lighting up street signs far away, lighting up tree when I am on Hill. My aim is set to the bumper of car in front of me.
                Is there any lens that can lessen the output brightness? some of my friends are suggesting to smoke out the lens after looking at the output.
                Or
                I am just paranoid with this output.
                I heard b word once going downhill where other driver was coming uphill and road was turning right, two way road, no median.
                Thanks in advance for any input
                That's the nature of the beast. Unless you have a setup with leveling motors you will possibly blind someone on an incline or at an angle which is hard to prevent. Once you're on level ground though, it is perfectly fine after that.

RX350BX (EU) | STI-R | XB35 Ballasts| HD Relay | 66240 CBI | JDM AStar LED Int. | AFSpec LED Ext.

Comment

How to post pictures? Sorry newbie here, its giving me error of pictures being too big. Minimum resolution my camera is giving option for is higher than 1000x1000. How else I can post pictures or video? Thanks

Comment

Photobucket is the easiest way

Comment

Your cutoff is at bumper level? From what distance? Also, is it the bumper of a bro-dozer, or a slammed Miata?
                      [ 1999 Honda Prelude SH ] [ Hybrid TL projectors with OEM ZKW lenses] [ Adjustable OEM Ballasts ] [ Bi-halogen projectors with HIR bulbs]

Comment

I find www.imgur.com to be fairly painless for sharing pictures. They don't have an upload limit nor a bandwidth limit.
                        It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
                        2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

Lol @ wicked. Its a normal height sedan like civic from 30 feet.

@ infinite. Thanks for suggestion, I am already working on photobucket right now.

I have some pictures I will upload as I get chance. I am having some family issues that's why I am just not getting enough time to sit and do the whole thing at once.

Thanks guys for keeping an eye on it

Comment

https://youtu.be/S2U6WUZ9ldQ

Here is a video of driving at night 4am, thats why there is no other cars on the street. Notice as I am coming to park the car I am coming slight uphill, you can see light is shining third floor of houses end of the street and road goes slight downhill 20 feet after my parking. So if someone is coming from the other side and I am coming to park they have to stop for a little bit until I pass through blinding them.

Comment

Looks fine to me. I'd even say they are a little low. Of course hills are going to change where your beam is going. Applies to any headlight: halogen or factory HID. Nature of the beast. But at least you are not driving around with PnP blinding people 100% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X