Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96vtec
    replied
    Hey, any updates of the output shots or did you already sell everything? I bought a set of generic H1s a few years ago and recently discovered that they had huge hotspots. Also, were they $36 shipped? If so, does their California branch charge tax? I'd definitely want to order a set of these if shipping only takes 3 days!

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    here are the pics,ok now i know that the headlights are crooked but bare with me here.next month my car will be getting some plastic surgery and the whole front end will be brand new including the headlights,which i am not sure which headlights to get..maybe i will go again with the eagle eyes projector headlights or if not get some new oem headlights and buy the new mini d2s projector kit stage 3 with finally some good ballast and bulbs unlike my ebay ballast and bulbs i'm currently running..starting to flicker in only 1 hour of use smh.
    anyways here"s one pic of the retrofit i did last night.i finally got the projector aligned almost perfectly straight.

Last edited by es1civic@large; December 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    ok guys.i installed the mini h1 projectors in my 01 civic sedan.it was a pita for me since it was my first retrofit,i forgot to install the headlights without the lens on in order to adjust the projector by hand,then i was supposed to remove the headlight,install the lens back on and re install the headlight and do the same with the other side.well first problem i ran into was after i installed the projector and i was trying to install the lens on the headlight and for some reason it wouldn't go back on,i had to reheat the headlight about 4times at 250 degrees for 7 minutes at a time till finally they all snapped in.the other headlight lens went on super easy.then once i installed the headlight i noticed the cutoff was crooked,so i had to take off the headlight and remove the bulb holder and loosen up the nut that holds the projector,and twist the projector using a fat flat head screwdriver and put everything back on,had to do this about 4 times till i finally gave up for the day.tofay ima try again to align the cut off,it's close to being ok straight.the other headlight projector is way off so ima have trouble with that side too.but overall:
    i think they look the same as my eagleyes aftermarket projectors that i had on before.then again the eagle eyes brand use a true hid projector compared to the depo headlights or spyder brand etc that only light up 2 feet in front.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    Originally posted by esqueue View Post
    I assume that the headlights are going to be for a Honda Civic. Most Honda's use butyl glue which is some of the easiest stuff to work with. I don't know the exact time in the oven but I'm sure it can be found or someone else will chime in. My aftermarket dodge headlights had to be left in the oven till the plastic became soft, I still have to use a heat gun after leaving it in the oven for quite some time.

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk
    oh damn u serious?that must be some strong glue lol
    yea the projectors will be going in my 01 honda civic sedan.i think i have to set the oven at 240 degrees for 7minutes.i gotta keep looking through forums just to be on the safeside..thanks.

Leave a comment:

• esqueue
    replied
    Originally posted by es1civic@large View Post
    also i was planning to sell these projectors along with the bulbs and shrouds but after seeing their latest output,i really like how they came out,so i will be installing them on my car,an 01 civic sedan since i recently sold my old eagle eyes projectors headlights with a 6000k hid kit..for being aftermarket projectors,they looked pretty good,they didn't just light up afew feet in front of the car either.they look like any other h1 projectors with lil bits of color spots on the straight cut off shield.now it has the original light bulbs,headlights which suck pretty bad,I'm constantly having to use my high beams in order to see ok.so hopefully by next weekend i should have my oem lights retrofitted.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU VETERAN RETROFITTERS:I'm not sure what type of sealant my oem headlights use,so therefore I'm not sure how much to heat up the oven to? and how long i gotta keep the headlights inside the oven for?i would appreciate it if youcould help out a fellow newbi retrofitter.
    I assume that the headlights are going to be for a Honda Civic. Most Honda's use butyl glue which is some of the easiest stuff to work with. I don't know the exact time in the oven but I'm sure it can be found or someone else will chime in. My aftermarket dodge headlights had to be left in the oven till the plastic became soft, I still have to use a heat gun after leaving it in the oven for quite some time.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    also i was planning to sell these projectors along with the bulbs and shrouds but after seeing their latest output,i really like how they came out,so i will be installing them on my car,an 01 civic sedan since i recently sold my old eagle eyes projectors headlights with a 6000k hid kit..for being aftermarket projectors,they looked pretty good,they didn't just light up afew feet in front of the car either.they look like any other h1 projectors with lil bits of color spots on the straight cut off shield.now it has the original light bulbs,headlights which suck pretty bad,I'm constantly having to use my high beams in order to see ok.so hopefully by next weekend i should have my oem lights retrofitted.

I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU VETERAN RETROFITTERS:I'm not sure what type of sealant my oem headlights use,so therefore I'm not sure how much to heat up the oven to? and how long i gotta keep the headlights inside the oven for?i would appreciate it if youcould help out a fellow newbi retrofitter.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    well just by getting a pair of HID projectors is more then enough to not blind any drivers.a sharp cutoff is what most people want and to be honest it doesn't really bother me when i see a car behind me with a sharp cutoff whith some color,i just see the light show which is eye candy for me lol.but i have seen some cars with sharp cut off lines and no color at all and it looks as if their flashing their highbeams at me when I'm in front of them.

also the shield on the pic that doesn't look straight isn't being used any longer,i ended up making another shield,one that is alil more straight and has less colors,still looks nice imo.

Leave a comment:

• gnardog
    replied
    Do what you want as long as your not blinding anyone, amen

Leave a comment:

• esqueue
    replied
    well yea I totally understand that the prism line or star is distracting to the drivers in front so I went ahead and built another shield with only a z tail and about the sharpness,well I know it will make it alil distracting but then again why does trs sell clear lens?and why are so many people switching out their frosted lens for the clear ones?well as for me I did add afew washers to make the cut of line alil blury just to be on the safeside so thanks for your input esqueue.
    The reason why TRS sells clear lens is because it makes money. The reason why people are switching is because a clear straight cut-off looks awesome. I was just giving my opinion. Make your cutoff as sharp as you want. It will never be as bad as plug and play HID kits, raised trucks with HIDs or incorrectly aimed halogen. Do what you feel as I don't believe that it poses no danger.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied

oh and that is my prego wife
    [IMG]httphI://i57.tinypic.com/2q061x5.jpg[/IMG]

::

this is the second projector

here you can see the red aswell.

here she is again,helping me out.

and I didn't take any high beam shots since the harness came wired up backwards,so in order to turn on the hid ballast I had to switch the connector that goes from the h4 harness to the ballast.and I had to turn on the high beams in order to turn on the hid lights but when I did,the shield would activate so I turned on the high beam and the shield would go back up.so I'm trying to figure out how the harness is suppossed to go.any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by es1civic@large; December 12th, 2014, 10:39 PM. Reason: needed to add more.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    well guys my hid kit is in route for delivery so later on tonight I will take pictures of the new output shots,I'm alil bit worried on how the new shield will look though.with the led flashlight it doesn't look to be straight as an arrow anymore but I guess it's ok since it is my first time modding any projectors..
    BTW does anyone know where I can get 2 replacement h1 shields? cuz if it dont look good ima put everything back to stock.
    Last edited by es1civic@large; December 12th, 2014, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• es1civic@large
    replied
    well yea I totally understand that the prism line or star is distracting to the drivers in front so I went ahead and built another shield with only a z tail and about the sharpness,well I know it will make it alil distracting but then again why does trs sell clear lens?and why are so many people switching out their frosted lens for the clear ones?well as for me I did add afew washers to make the cut of line alil blury just to be on the safeside so thanks for your input esqueue.

Leave a comment:

• michael.kozera
    replied
    Originally posted by esqueue View Post
    While I will get alot of flack for this, an ultra sharp cut-off is quite distracting to drivers if you are bumping around. My Dodge Magnum has an AP1 S2000 retro and I've driven behind the car. On a smooth road there is no issue but when she was hitting bumps, it felt like I was being flashed. I no longer have plans to mod it's shield anymore. It is is even worse if you have the ztail with the little cut that flickers and further bothers drivers in front. Defeats the of the reason we retrofit.

On topic: can't wait for pics.
    hence why most, if not all OEM projectors do not come with clear lenses. they come with frosted , or fessiled lenses.

Leave a comment:

• esqueue
    replied
    thanks guys..yes this is only for experimental purposes only.I have ordered the HID kit and iam waiting for them to come in this week.o got the 6000k H1 bulbs.I also made a custom shield for the mini h1 projectors,it now has a Z tail step on the cuttoff and a very small prism line (not star) with the led it looks to have red,green,yellow and ofcourse the blue..I'm sure once my hid kit comes in It will intensify the colors making them darker and brighter to see,that's when I will take pictures of the output.sure you guys will enjoy the new output pics.
    While I will get alot of flack for this, an ultra sharp cut-off is quite distracting to drivers if you are bumping around. My Dodge Magnum has an AP1 S2000 retro and I've driven ahead of the car. On a smooth road there is no issue but when she was hitting bumps, it felt like I was being flashed. I no longer have plans to mod it's shield anymore. It is is even worse if you have the ztail with the little cut that flickers and further bothers drivers in front. Defeats part of the of the reason we retrofit.

On topic: can't wait for pics.
    Last edited by esqueue; December 10th, 2014, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ^pomen_GTR^
    replied
    posting here awaiting output pics with actual HID

Leave a comment:

Working...
X