Mini H1 projector replica washer mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini H1 projector replica washer mod

ok.so I recently bought a pair of mini h1 projectors replicas with gatling gun shrouds for $36 shipped.I bought them just to mess with them,I should be getting them today,as soon as I get them ima post some pics of them and the output of them in stock form,I heard their similar to the morimoto h1 projectors,except cheaper price.well ima find out today hopefully.
    then ima playaround with the lens spacing by adding some washers and I might also take apart the solenoid and add some lubricant,to make it reliable.
    2001 Honda Civic LX sedan 5spd classic/generic mini H1 projectors w/custom shield.

lens spacing is not the best way to get good color.

look at my sig, thats an FXR with nothing but shield mods/spacing.

lens spacing might get you good color but you will be sacrificing alot of lighting performance in the process
    Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

oh I see..thanks for your input.so what do you suggest I do to the shield in order to get more color?I believe they already come with a curved shield so not sure what else I could do to get maximum colori was even thinking of doing a prist star shield,not a crazy all flared out,but just one small cut on the cut off step.
      2001 Honda Civic LX sedan 5spd classic/generic mini H1 projectors w/custom shield.

Comment

mini h1 projectors have such a massive variance in quality control that no two projector are alike.

honestly, just trial and error by bending the shield in or out to maximize color. the curve of the shield might have to be tweaked aswell.

also hot spot alignment might need to be fixed since H1 bulbs are never straight. and while your doing that i would look into adjusting lowbeam bias too. agian with bulb hotspot adjustment.
        Octa projectors, eight OEM bulbs, ~30,000lm , and 169 degrees of driving heaven!

Comment

here's the $36 bucks projectors with bolt on shrouds.they seem to have a bright blue,red,purple cutoff line,I was surprized that it had some red on the cut off line but it was abit blurry so I added 2 small washers one on each side of the top and it looks razor sharp now,it also had some bowing on the sides and with the washer mod it made it straight as an arrow.quality of the projectors seem to be the same as the morimoto mini h1,I wonder if the morimotos are made bt the same manufacturer? I seriously tought I was going to get projectors that had an output similar to the halogen ones but to my surprize they are actually great..I bought them off ebay,there were plenty of these being sold from china which would of took me a good month to get them in but theres one seller who is from china but the warehouse is In l.a california and they promissed me that I would get it within 3days and I did.awsome seller..you guys should get a pair of these,u won't be dissapointed.
          Last edited by es1civic@large; December 6th, 2014, 10:48 PM.

Comment

ok,so here is the cutoff line,you can't see the blue cut off line because i am using an LED flash light lol
            i think as soon as i get my hid kit i can retake some more output pics and modify them again if needed to.seems like i won't have to since the cut off is sharper and has no bowing on the sides anymore.

Comment

This is a terrible way to go about it. You can't mod a projector based on the output that you're given by a LED flashlight.

This thread is giving me cancer.
              It's been a while since my last retrofit...

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 bixenon projector | Swap: STI-R lens into G37 sedan bixenon projector
              2010 Accord retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon) | 2015 Forester retrofit (G37 sedan bixenon)

Comment

keep updating this thread. I'd like to see the output with hid bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by infinite012 View Post
                  This is a terrible way to go about it. You can't mod a projector based on the output that you're given by a LED flashlight.

This thread is giving me cancer.
                  Why not? Someone has to try. That’s how we learn. By experiments. Don’t know a bro down because you’re too lazy to do it yourself. While I don’t think the results will be too drastic between the two, I do think this will help give him a jump start and help provide some useful information for the future.

In for progress. I’m curious to see the final shots of these on the wall after your HID bulbs come in. Before & after tune.
                  2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

can you share the information of the seller thanks

Comment

Comment

thanks guys..yes this is only for experimental purposes only.I have ordered the HID kit and iam waiting for them to come in this week.o got the 6000k H1 bulbs.I also made a custom shield for the mini h1 projectors,it now has a Z tail step on the cuttoff and a very small prism line (not star) with the led it looks to have red,green,yellow and ofcourse the blue..I'm sure once my hid kit comes in It will intensify the colors making them darker and brighter to see,that's when I will take pictures of the output.sure you guys will enjoy the new output pics.

Comment

Originally posted by lobo View Post
                          check your pm

Comment

Originally posted by BVC View Post
                            Why not? Someone has to try. That’s how we learn. By experiments. Don’t know a bro down because you’re too lazy to do it yourself. While I don’t think the results will be too drastic between the two, I do think this will help give him a jump start and help provide some useful information for the future.

hey thanks bro,I couldn't have said it better.

In for progress. I’m curious to see the final shots of these on the wall after your HID bulbs come in. Before & after tune.
                            thanks.yea I should be getting the hid kit by thursday or friday,I will take some good output pics.unfortunately I won't be able to take the before pics because I have already installed the new shields on both of them.I'll keep you guys updated for sure.

Comment

posting here awaiting output pics with actual HID

Comment

Working...
                              X