2014 BRZ STi-R lens swap ; RX350 bi-xenon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 BRZ STi-R lens swap ; RX350 bi-xenon

Finally, my first ever headlight mod. Now I know why people get hooked to this. The quest for the ultimate cutoff is just surreal. Just couldnt figure out how to remove the glare since the squirrels (if there is even one) cant be moved. Maybe those who know can chime in. Other than that, im very happy. Here are some shots (from iphone):
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pulsepowered; March 26th, 2014, 02:14 PM.

Great output!

Comment

By RX350, do you mean replacing the existing RX-like biXenon with one from RX350 + STi-R lens(aren't they optically identical in the first place?), or just replacing the oem cloudy lens with STi-R lens?
      Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

rx350 dont have squirrel finders?
        AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by mdufficy View Post
          rx350 dont have squirrel finders?
          They do have squirrel finder.

Comment

Looks nice. I would have done less spacing or colormodding for a bit sharper beam though

*I will be unavailable for projector modding and retrofits until further notice*

Comment

Looks great, I like the color band.
              TJ

Comment

mmmmm clear lens RX350's! Noice!

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Originally posted by satrya View Post
                  By RX350, do you mean replacing the existing RX-like biXenon with one from RX350 + STi-R lens(aren't they optically identical in the first place?), or just replacing the oem cloudy lens with STi-R lens?
                  yes, just the lens.

Comment

Originally posted by GSD07 View Post
                    They do have squirrel finder.
                    can you post an actual pic of it so I would know next time? Thanks!

Comment

Wow I love that car!!!! My favorite color and of course it's a BRZ. And now the cutoff looks awesome as well!

Comment

I've got a set of STi-R lenses to go in my JDM HID 86 headlights. Did you do any spacing of the lens, or just drop them in like for like?

Comment

shaved a bit of the inner lens holder to hold the lens flat and 1 #6 washer per leg

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsepowered View Post
                            can you post an actual pic of it so I would know next time? Thanks!
                            Whats squirrel finder? That angled box on the other side of the shield? My RX350 has them!
                            <-----Appologizes now, ahead of time for being an HID noob!

13 Sonata - Twin Scroll TDO5 EvoX Turbo - Custom Cast Tube Manifold - First/Only One!
                            Sponsors:
                            Custom Performance Engineering
                            Seoulful Racing
                            845 Motorsports
                            KThree Projekt Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Pulsepowered View Post
                              Finally, my first ever headlight mod. Now I know why people get hooked to this. The quest for the ultimate cutoff is just surreal. Just couldnt figure out how to remove the glare since the squirrels (if there is even one) cant be moved. Maybe those who know can chime in. Other than that, im very happy. Here are some shots (from iphone):
                              forget the cut-off.. I love the car!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X