Mini H1 colorless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini H1 colorless

It's a mini H1 of last year, about same time of year.

Of the two i bought, one has no color, or not so, it's got a slight yellow-orange line, also cutoff doesn't look too sharp..
    Thinking about it, it also looks a little dim compared to the other one... i can swap bulbs to rule that out also.
    I'm having a alignment problem that needs to be adressed and while at it i'd like to give it that blue cutoff the other one has.

Is it cereal box spacer time or bending stuff time?

Thanx.

I'd check the hotspot location first before adjusting the shield spacing
    Jul 2012 ROTM (3-way quad headlight) ; Sep 2015 ROTM (custom muli-lens 7" fogs)

3-way quad wiring; foreground limiter; squirrel finder;

Comment

Alright, then what do i need to do if it's in the wrong place?

Comment

Maybe move the bulb around first

Comment

^
          That.
          Once the hotspot is at its best location, then any tweaks you make on shield spacing etc. will be referenced against the most correct bulb position. So, even if the bulb seats a bit differently once you put everything together in your vehicle, you can always nudge the bulb and figure out a way to keep it in that position. Then, everything else you did to make it better should work.

Comment

working on it right now, first thing i notice, they have 3 small washers on all bolts to space the lens.will try different bulbs and also try to mode the bulb a little.
            Whats a common practice to have the H1 bulb to sit differently?

Comment

Found the problem.... shield not returning completely.... now how to fix that?..

Comment

Well I've seen people shim the bulb but I prefer to just move the shield if the hotspot is really off.

Comment

Sticking solenoid or there's something obstructing travel?

Comment

Just finished screwing with it... grinded like for ever but for now it returns at the right place

Was sticking on the plate that holds the solenoid... well the high beam cutoff i could say.

Comment

tweaking such gizmos from hell must have made lots of nervous breakdowns to guy's like me...

Comment

Working...
                      X