No announcement yet.

Swap: ZKW-R lens into Bosch/AL E46 Bi-xenon projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The problem is the lens, its just not the right one for this model. I think its slightly over sized and does not seat flat/level with the front of the lens holder.
    Check out our current promotions to save up to 15% on your next parts order with us

Need help? Contact us - Email: info@lightwerkz.net

HID Retrofits l Halos l Lens Restorations l Repairs l Installations

Follow us on Facebook & Instagram ! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for pro tips and behind the scenes videos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lightwerkz Global Inc. View Post
      The problem is the lens, its just not the right one for this model. I think its slightly over sized and does not seat flat/level with the front of the lens holder.
      I had one of the other ones you are on about, I thought it fitted the same as the one in the picture where it don't sit flush like the OEM one that you take out.

For max sharpness and cutoff and so I can run them here in the UK I am making my own shield to get max colour and sharpness, took some pictures, will get a few more then post up what I did but looking good so far using the lens that Evil Monkey has.

Trups

Comment

• As said, I have had to re do the shield, fairly easy, trimmed the original shield down and put a cheap mini H1 RHD shield in place, going to be doing the fine tuning over the next few days to get max colours but just on a quick one the results are looking awesome

bit rusty on the work I know but you wont see it all once back together, and loving the results so far. In regards to tuning, it is just a case of turning the screw. may get another set and have another go at new shields.

Comment

• New shield and some mild tuning, not too happy looking at them so I am getting a load of custom ones done to try out

Comment

• Not gonna lie, those didn't come out the greatest.

Comment

• I know. for doing something like this the 1st time I thought I did well but then keep testing it I know I can do better.

I have been to a local Fab shop with a OEM shield from an E46 and they are going to replicate it to RHD so I can do it better, even tho the other shield goes most the way across I loose it to the old one. and where I had to file it down you can see that in the new cutoff so fresh laser cut shields all the way across may do the job fingers crossed. wish I could find them brand new in RHD but has to run with the new replicas which are only in LHD.

Comment

• Ya it will be a lot better with those laser cut ones but keep in mind that with this bowl design, even with the laser cut shields you will mainly get a crisp cutoff in the middle. The sides will still be blurry

Comment

• Ahh right I see, was that the same when tuning yours also with the shield there?

what's the dimple that's near where the bulb comes through do?

Comment

• Yup, same with mine. I think with a curved shield u might get straight cutoff and color accross but it's nice to leave the sides blurry imo. Easier on the eyes during driving.
                    I think the little dimple is to keep the bulb straight. I dunno

Comment

• my experiment with AL Bosсh projector.

i have AL Bosch with D3S
                      two lens - stock and ZKW OEM
                      three shield - stock high, stock low, stok low modded

modded shield holes:

Low beam:

High beam:

this punching is make very large chromatic aberration if you adj shield position by screw to soft cutoff

Not usual LED retrofits:
                      Swift with DRL,
                      Nissan Note with corner light,
                      Mazda CX-7,
                      Mercedes W211 E-Class

Comment

• That looks similar to the secondary sheild on my g37 sedans. I just dremmeled it right off and the cutoff was fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rdriggett View Post
                          That looks similar to the secondary sheild on my g37 sedans. I just dremmeled it right off and the cutoff was fixed.
                          if dremmelled rv-shield - large chromatic aberration along length of cutoff.
                          Not usual LED retrofits:
                          Swift with DRL,
                          Mazda CX-7,
                          Mercedes W211 E-Class

Comment

• IMO you are just losing too much light with the shield dropped
                            *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by HK45 View Post
                              IMO you are just losing too much light with the shield dropped
                              wrong, light more intensive with shield down at 0.5mm - low beam and high(!) beam. this can be seen on images.
                              Not usual LED retrofits:
                              Swift with DRL,
                              Mazda CX-7,
                              Mercedes W211 E-Class

Comment

• Originally posted by DaY View Post
                                wrong, light more intensive with shield down at 0.5mm - low beam and high(!) beam. this can be seen on images.

Yes, the hot spot is more intense. Problem is your slope is almost non existent now. You will need to lower your headlights to avoid blinding oncoming traffic. So now you are losing distance and width. Hence, losing light on the road.
                                *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X