Clear lens swap on a morimoto d2s 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear lens swap on a morimoto d2s 5.0

Hello has any attempted a clear lens swap on the d2s 5.0? I really dislike the blue tinted lens , i was gonna try using a d2s 4.0 lens ? any feedback would be great
    or can the AR coating be removed ?
    surely i'm not the only person that has these questions lol
    Last edited by bctileguy; February 14th, 2021, 11:18 AM.

Ah interesting, I'd love to have the blue lens. What do you dislike about it? I'd just use a G5-R projector or something if you don't like the blue lens.

Comment

Originally posted by gold94corolla View Post
      Ah interesting, I'd love to have the blue lens. What do you dislike about it? I'd just use a G5-R projector or something if you don't like the blue lens.
      i don't like that it warms up the output by around 400-600k ish , i like using 45-50 watt ballasts with Osram cbb's , with the blue tinted lens, it just makes the output a bit too warm for my liking . The Retrofit Source actually sent me a set of d2s 4.0 lenses to try , i was just curious if anyone has tested it yet . if the 4.0 lenses don't work , i'm gonna use glass polish to remove the coating lol

Comment

yeah you might be able to grind off the coating from the flat side, kinda like removing the yellow color from IS300 fog projectors. I was actually very interested in the 5.0 projectors with the CBB bulbs to try and get around 5500k output. I went with M-LED 2.0 instead and it's way too blue.

Comment

I am wondering if there are any OEM lenses (fresnel/non-clear) lens that will fit the d2s 5.0? Does anyone know the focal length of them?

Comment

From the heart of the beast, TRS stated the d2s 5.0 cannot accept any OEM lens or and no fresnel lenses are available. So problem solved. No solve. I did read somewhere else that a lexus lens works, but of course that thread was a dead end.

Comment

Originally posted by 4RunnerMan View Post
              From the heart of the beast, TRS stated the d2s 5.0 cannot accept any OEM lens or and no fresnel lenses are available. So problem solved. No solve. I did read somewhere else that a lexus lens works, but of course that thread was a dead end.
              I'm not sure why you'd want to go fresnel or frosted, they make the cutoff super dull. Did the 4.0 lenses not work? What are the measurements of the 5.0 lens?

Comment

Working...
              X