question about my rx350 bi-xenon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about my rx350 bi-xenon

hi, FINALLY started doing my retro and just wanted to make sure the projectors were ok before i put them in and had a couple questions.
    so they both have clear lenses. one had 3 lens spacers and had a razor sharp cutoff with a hint of blue. the other had a good cutoff but a little fuzzy and more blue, found out it only had 2 spacers so i put another one in and now the cut off is great but it has a tiny bit of purple. side by side its very obvious.
    i'm def. no expert when it comes to this but can anyone give me any advice on how to make them match. i don't care if i end up with blue or purple, i just want them both to match. both are using matching CBIs.

thank you

finally got a picture. let me know if this helps at all.
    thank you

https://imgur.com/a/ZvWOCJu

Comment

finally able to get a pic. please let me know if this helps.
      thank you
      https://imgur.com/a/ZvWOCJu

Comment

Color of the cutoff is usually shield positioning. Play with the position of the shield, in and out changes color.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

thanks for the reply. thats what i figured. i tried yesterday after posting but its such a PITA messing with all 3 pieces at once haha, i'll get back on it today.

Comment

so gut my cutoff and color perfect. put the head light back together and now its fuzzy, FML. i thought i might have installed it wrong but i put the other headlight on the car with out the plastic lense (to get the aim roughed in) and the cutoff was perfect, i put the plastic lens over it to check the cut off and it made it fuzzy like the other one so obviously its either the shape or material of the lense causing my cutoff to not be sharp. is this normal? output is still great but cut off is about the same as a stock RX lense, maybe a hair worse.

Comment

What car? Some car's headlights do that unfortunately.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

yeah it's normal for lenses to cut down on the sharpness/color/output, but usually it's not that much, unless the lens is curved a lot

Comment

It's for a 94 Toyota Supra. The lense comes down in front of the projector at about a 45 degree angle. Couldn't believe how bad it got. I'll take some pics tomorrow.

Comment

you can see in this pic i have the right headlight completed and installed. the left is installed for aiming and without the plastic lense.
                    the second pic is with both headlights completed and installed. pics are 25-30'

https://imgur.com/z56GuCX
                    https://imgur.com/1hG0jyz

Comment

Aw man that's really rough. I don't know of a way to fix that. Are they OEM headlights?

I would ask about this on Headlight Junkies on Facebook. A few members like Lightwerkz have done Supras, never heard of this issue.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Comment

ya brand new oem lights. i left headlight junkies because it seemed pretty dead but i'll get back on and ask.
                        thank you

Comment

Typical of 90's lenses to do that. My Skyline headlights have glass outer lens and they give multiple cut offs.
                          You can look at buying or making your own clear lens. Not sure if sanding the factory one will help.

Comment

Yeah, seeing the pictures, that's actually not a big surprise unfortunately

Comment

These are actually new and completely clear lenses. Not lines to sand.

Comment

Working...
                              X