Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valeo 2.75” Bixenon Projectors

Hi everyone!
    I'm new to the forum, but Iíve been relying on it for a long time!

I have a nice Alfa Romeo MiTo here in Italy, which I recently upgraded to OEM bixenons due to a very bad halogen light output. I even installed OEM headlight washers and the auto-leveling feature. A breeze!
    my Alfa MiTo!

Stock projectors are the Valeo 89380605 (as found in BMW E87, Opel Corsa, VW Passat B6, Audi A5 MK1 and so on), which i paired to D1S "Philips Extreme Vision +150%Ē bulbs, which really are the greatest! But... Stock projector come with Fresnel lenses (I actually borrowed a picture from another user in this forum to show it, because he made really good photos of the lens):
    Fresnel lens on my projector.

So I started my quest of swapping clear lenses in it because these Fresnels limit my output A LOT.
    My dreams started shattering yesterday when i began discovering scary things about this projector.

Allegedly, the lenses are not removable due to their casing and on top of that, they measure 2.75Ē instead of the classic 2.5Ē or 3Ē.
    At this point Iím asking for advices, i did a hell of a job on the car to do the entire retrofit from stock halogens to stock bixenons, carefully tackling every issue to make it look like stock and honestly Iím not really planning to surrender in front of two stupid french lenses!

As you may imagine, being a 22 years old uni students I have no more money left after this project, so projector swap is not a solution. Plus, these projectors arenít bad if it wasnít for the lenses. Currently, my Fresnels have a nice coat of dirt on the surface, worsening the situation even more. There is a lot of light and well focused, but cutoff is *very* blurry.

Tell me what options do I have! Dremel out the lens support to fit 3Ē? File the lens itself? Fit other lens supports?
    I can borrow more pictures of the projector from the same bloke i borrowed the previous picture from, if needed!

Sorry in advance for syntax errors, I try doing my best but Iím still Italian!

Hereís the output of the left projector at 10m from a wall:

And here is the left projectorís lens:

Last edited by AleMiToJTD; November 16th, 2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Hereís the output of the right projector at 10m from a wall:

And here is the right projectorís lens:

Last edited by AleMiToJTD; November 16th, 2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hi!

I am not sure if fresnel limiting your power as you think. But it can be.

Dust/dirt on you lens can reduce power up to 25% (measured by me). So start there.

You can spend time and money to new lenses and you will not be happy. Look here, this guy is from Poland and he can send you new projectors in very good prices!

https://hidretrofit.pl/sklep/hella-gen-3-bi-xenon/

I am highly recommending these projectors, maybe you need make a new bracket but on the end, you will have definetly GOOD RESULT!

Valeo is piece of crap, it is very funny that this crap is installed as stock projector in many premium vehicles, lifetime is less than average.

Comment

Originally posted by marcos View Post
          Hi!

I am not sure if fresnel limiting your power as you think. But it can be.

Dust/dirt on you lens can reduce power up to 25% (measured by me). So start there.

You can spend time and money to new lenses and you will not be happy. Look here, this guy is from Poland and he can send you new projectors in very good prices!

https://hidretrofit.pl/sklep/hella-gen-3-bi-xenon/

I am highly recommending these projectors, maybe you need make a new bracket but on the end, you will have definetly GOOD RESULT!

Valeo is piece of crap, it is very funny that this crap is installed as stock projector in many premium vehicles, lifetime is less than average.
          Thank you!!

His projectors are indeed crazy cheap! Maybe I will consider swapping them out!

Comment

Working...
          X