Ordered black lens from TRS but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered black lens from TRS but..

I did not know the lens in my depo light was already clear and I was looking at the two and it seems like the depo lens is a tad bit sharper which has me thinking if I should even use the black lens?

Will try to get shots if it's possible.

Why are you modifying stock Depo projectors?

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
    2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

New dealer headlights are $400 each

Comment

$400? You're lucky. For my 18 year old Toyota they're over $500.

Depo projectors are often trash. Also a clear lens isn't a universal fit, it has to be a perfect match for the original which is why all clear lenses have specific applications. Replace the entire projector inside the Depo headlights with something decent.

2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder
        2017 Lexus CT200h F Sport

Comment

I have a RX330 non AFS projector but I'm trying to get it to fit.. since the shields that come with them is no way the same as the stock RX330 I'm kinda stuck.. I heard the stock Legacy shields work but I from what I know only have one headlight that's original.. so I might have to ebay a used projector which sucks.

Comment

Head to the wreckers and see if you can find them there. I was in the dame boat as you when i wanted to do my first retro. Bought a set of used lights from the wreckers for 230 bucks. They were asking 400 for the pair. If they dont sell them very much then usually you can chew down the price. I knew they had been sitting on this set of lights for well over a year when i finally made them an offer.

im an oem guy, especially with lights. I dont trust aftermarket seals, so i check the wrecks often when i need lights, mirrors, etc.

Comment

Err why are you changing shields on the Koito projector? Are you flipping LHD/RHD ? Remember those clear lenses needs the cardboard spacers to fit properly.

Comment

Working...
              X