Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Honda Civic projector improvements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Honda Civic projector improvements?

Hi everyone!

I recently got a Morimoto XB35 H11 system and the output is really great but the cutoff could be better.

I am on a budget and I would like to at least swap the lens, is the black series my only solution? Is there any other projectors that would fit in there?

I hear that HiD will turn the projector brown over time.... Is that true?

I already know that the projectors are the same as the projectors on halogens 2010+ Altima/Maxima but I'm not able to confirm 100% since I'm not able to find any image of that projector....

Hid bulbs do burn halogen projector bowls because they aren't made to handle the uv. The only question is how long it'll last.

Idk if a clear lens would work or if you would have to tune the projector to get the cutoff into focus. If you do have to tune it then you might as well swap projectors, which the maxima is the one that would bolt right in. My sister has the same car and I looked inside hers just out of curiosity lol. Not sure if you'd have to trim anything to get it in though
    2006 Chevy Cobalt - SRX Bi-xenon/Denso 35w
    2011 GMC Terrain V6 - 4TL-R retrofit

Comment

H9 bulb
      https://www.hidplanet.com/forums/for...-halogen-bulbs

Comment

Originally posted by FSanti87 View Post
        Hid bulbs do burn halogen projector bowls because they aren't made to handle the uv. The only question is how long it'll last. Idk if a clear lens would work or if you would have to tune the projector to get the cutoff into focus. If you do have to tune it then you might as well swap projectors, which the maxima is the one that would bolt right in. My sister has the same car and I looked inside hers just out of curiosity lol. Not sure if you'd have to trim anything to get it in though
        I found some Maxima HiD projectors for 75$ but it doesn't have clear lens and I would need to get D2S Bulbs and adapter and by the time I will be done I will be paying around 210$ and a mini H1 retroquick would cost me around 260$

Originally posted by niZmO_Man View Post
        I'm not sure how this can help me tho. I would prefer to stick with HiD I'm not going back to halogens!

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong here your car has dedicated high beam.
          Well if you on a budget. I will say save up and get rx330 they can be found cheap and then tune with clear lens(which you would be doing either way).
          For d2s bulb and adapter try aliexpress and grab a yeaky 5500k bulb. Guess it should be around $35 for both.

For spend approx $100 and you may have corolla led low beam setup.

Comment

I agree. The hid bulbs burn the halogen projector bowls overtime.

Comment

Working...
            X