30" xbar discussion - disappointed in TRS, with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30" xbar discussion - disappointed in TRS, with pics

i purchased the 30" xbar with the understanding that it has better specs than rigid bars of the same size. after some side by side comparison with the 30 xbar morimoto combo vs a 30" sr2 driving/hyperspot combo, the outcome is interesting.
    this is the rigid bar

2015-08-26 (2).jpg

this is the moto bar
    2015-08-26 (1).jpg

and them side by side
    2015-08-26.jpg

i have a video uploading soon.

i attempted to leave a review of thew bar on trs but my review has not been posted and i have not been contacted about other issues i have about the bar. if anyone wants to know about the many drawbacks of these bars, id be happy to explain. my review went over most of the details but thats long gone.

Sorry to hear you're not so happy with the light output. I dont believe the product's descriptions state anywhere that it outperforms a Rigid brand bar, and also costs anywhere from 1/3 to 1/2 of what a comparably sized Rigid does new. If however you're not happy with it, we can always accept it back for a refund if its still like new!

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
    * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Why would the thread get locked?

I feel like it's a fair and pretty well constructed comparison of the two. Interesting how much more concentrated the RI bar is.

I dont think I'd like to have THAT much of a concentration in the center, I think the MM bar is better spread out. thats just my opinion (I've owned and used the hyperspots, it's almost *too* "spot")

Comment

the output rating for the moto bar is 16500 and the rigid bar is 13500. i dont see it.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAOTk1eZWog

video is up

Comment

We've yet to see (at least I've yet to see) any official output shots of the TRS light bars.

Usually these threads get locked.. which is why I posted that photo
            2017 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

why would this get locked?

Comment

Soundman98 did a great review of the XBar, which demonstrated exactly what you found. That thread got locked if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by sprengBoard View Post
                  Soundman98 did a great review of the XBar, which demonstrated exactly what you found. That thread got locked if I recall correctly.
                  This is 100% correct

The light bar is pretty much all show and no go. It's a brodozer's image accessory, nothing more.
                  *CLICK BELOW ON WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE*

2014 Nissan Sentra Quads w/ XB Fogs

DSC_9349 by Sam Colt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Falcone View Post
                    why would this get locked?
                    They've been known to silence negative reviews. Pretty s****y of TRS to do.

FB was raving about it days ago. Here's a screenshot of that thread:

TRS wasn't too happy that I called them out on that thread.

Last edited by ileopard; August 26th, 2015, 05:22 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

lol.....all these posts are gonna be gone within days

Comment

The only reason the thread should be locked is because nobody [except for me, as the only one that made a constructive follow up post) seems to even care about what the OP posted, only speculating about whether or not the thread would be locked.

Lexus GS350 F Sport : Skipper Designs Front Lip : Rotiform BLQ Concave : Michelin PSS : Brembo GT 380mm : RSR Suspension : GS350/STi-R Bi-xenon
                        * For any inquiries please e-mail TRSMatt@TheRetrofitSource.com, PM's = not a good way to reach me*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcone View Post
                          i attempted to leave a review of thew bar on trs but my review has not been posted and i have not been contacted about other issues i have about the bar. if anyone wants to know about the many drawbacks of these bars, id be happy to explain. my review went over most of the details but thats long gone.
                          I think this is a reason as to why we are speculating as to why threads like this become locked

Comment

And why should this thread suffer the fate of being locked when countless others on the forum get derailed without any sort of penalty. Freedom of speech right?

Plus, there hasn't been an official statement as to why his review was never approved on the site. Artificially inflating product reviews is a baaddd (the only speculation as of now without an official statement).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too lazy to browse HK45's mega-long output shot comparison thread?

Try the HIDP Projector Output Comparison App!

Comment

To the OP, Please email me directly and I'll be happy to make sure we get you taken care of with whatever resolution works best for you: TRSMatt@theretrofitsource.com

As I previously stated, if you're unhappy with performance, we'll take it back and issue a refund for the price you paid.

All product specs are given to us by the light bars manufacture: http://hereticstudio.com/ ....I've said it a handful of times before, especially here on HIDP, but I think for approximately 50% of the price of a comparable bar and given the considerably better look and feel of the bar, these are still a good value - but it all depends on what is is you're really after. If you want the most possible light output, I would have told you this may not be the best option on the market from the get go. These bars are made for buyers who are seeking something aesthetically different/exotic but still makes a decent amount of light.

Comment

Working...
                              X