5050 led replacement question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5050 led replacement question

Greetings all i resently recieved some LED day time running lights (hella style 5 reflector) useing 2 5050 SMD leds per reflector when the drls are turned on they dont seem all that bright compared to other LED DRLs of the same type down side fireing reflector ide like to find a better led to use (i have some golden dragens I could use if its possible or what 5050 LED would be better (something bright and white) if you know if anything or have anything please post
    my vehicles

2013 subaru impreza WRX STi new body style (some mods)
    04 subaru impreza WRX STi (project car)
    2013 ford F550 platnum dually (extreem mods CAT engine swap)

my wifes car

2012 subaru impreza limited sport (some mods)
    07 hyundai accent GLS (extreem mods)

I've got some Osram 5050 white LEDs, they're decently bright and have a nice pure white color. Here's a link to the product page: http://www.osram-os.com/osram_os/en/...g6cp/index.jsp

Before you can consider this LED, you must make sure the cathodes/anodes of the circuit board are in this orientation:
    osramLWG6CP.jpg

Edit--
    Nice thing about this particular LED is that it doesn't have a huge area of phosphor coating, minimizing the yellow appearance when they're not on.
    DSC_6214.jpg DSC_6217.jpg
    Last edited by yellow_cake; February 8th, 2015, 01:57 AM.

Comment

Look into Samsung 5630 chip ones by Kolite the has em on amazon for 5000k, 6000k I went for Samsung 5730 ones off ebay, and they are 3x brighter and more reliable. as they have heatsink where most 5050 doesn't.

08 Honda Pilot | RX330-AFS + TSX-R, Curve Shield | Osram CBI | Hella Gen 3 | DIY Bosch Relay Harness | X5 LED Fog | SuperFlux DRL

** Please use the reputation system by clicking the on a helpful post

Comment

Got any pics?

Comment

Here from Kolite 6000k
          Retrofit @ dawn by im2c0ol, on Flickr

Retrofit @ dawn by im2c0ol, on Flickr

08 Honda Pilot | RX330-AFS + TSX-R, Curve Shield | Osram CBI | Hella Gen 3 | DIY Bosch Relay Harness | X5 LED Fog | SuperFlux DRL

Comment

Legacy by im2c0ol, on Flickr

IMG_1960 by im2c0ol, on Flickr

Comment

Yeah, way too blue IMO

Comment

Get the 5000k looks great! Im just lazy to go through all 12 clips to swap it out.

Comment

links to leds!

2007 e90 335i
                  //OEM

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Kolite-5000K-2...rds=194+kolite

Comment

Well the osrams look like nice LEDs now im wondering is there any difference in the pinouts of the different chinese and other 5050 leds and the osrams are you selling any needs about 20 (10 per light)

i love the led reflectors they do light up clean and even but sadly the leds inside arent the brightest (they are the 3 diode 5050 led package) so im assuming the leds have all one side positive and the other negitive so i dont know if the osrams will work with these

As for the 5730 its a totally different package thats a two lead not six so i dont know if they would work with the 5050 pins on the PCB
                      my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

Have you got a link to the DRLs you bought? Also, have you taken them apart yet? A close picture of the circuit board would be nice.
                        Yes, I'd be able to sell you some if they are compatible.

Comment

This is the link to the DRL kit
                          http://m.ebay.com/itm/161057284920?txnId=1208946198006
                          these are not hella or any mainstream brand they are some chinese name ZEEZ i havent cracked em open as im wateing on the seller to send a replacement for one of them the lense arrived cracked (defect)

These use the led in the pic at the link below
                          https://d114hh0cykhyb0.cloudfront.ne...50_white_1.jpg

I dont know if the osrams share the same pinout as the chinese leds or not
                          Last edited by Da-Sarge; February 11th, 2015, 10:10 PM.
                          my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

I just did a bit of looking around; looks like the Chinese 5050 LEDs have the anodes all on one side, and the cathodes all on the other side... The Osrams unfortunately won't work as a direct replacement on the original board.

Comment

Is there a way to adapt them? Or some other brighter led alternative
                              my vehicles

my wifes car

Comment

Working...
                              X