MB W210 LED DRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MB W210 LED DRL

Hey guys Im trying to get rid of the "NEWBIE" tag that is constantly mocking me on this forum.

Thought I'd post some pictures of my previous LED DRL project to get some reputation points and would prefer to post them here for more views.

LED DRL retrofit. Objective: Add DRLs for the increased safety and visibility while still maintaining the clean factory MB look.

Used stock fog housings to mount the Philips DRL 4 kit. required quite a bit of grinding and modifying.
    picture shows after rthe stock lenses were removed, and housings cut and modified with custom black grilles installed.

The custom black grilles out of sheet metal from HD.

Had to make sure the DRLs were parallel to the ground as the fog light lenses were not.

LEDs mounted into housings.

Back in car:

These suckers are pretty bright!

Thanks for looking guys and if you could help me gain some reputation that would be much appreciated.

Nice, I've never seen that weird black mesh stuff before!

Comment

Thats the lincaine perforated metal right? Or similar anyhow. :0
      I like that stuff lol

Comment

Idk what its called, got it from the sheet metal section at home depot. The stuff was very easy to work with and the perforations made it easy to bend straight which was nice.

Comment

Looks like the radiator grill stuff
          AAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

That's a pretty clean retrofit. Nothing too flashy and looks oem. Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattrox1221 View Post
              Idk what its called, got it from the sheet metal section at home depot. The stuff was very easy to work with and the perforations made it easy to bend straight which was nice.
              it's decorative perforated sheet metal used often on hvac vents. nice choice of material and metal work.
              My Retrofits:
              Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
              Classic Mini LED Retrofit
              Lance Venice HID Retrofit
              Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

Not too shabby
                Originally posted by Bitter
                They're literally flying canoes with boxer engines packed full of Molotov cocktails that rely on tampons and $10 screws to stay in the air and not kill you.

Comment

Is really thin though.

Comment

that material is pretty thin, but since it's not a large surface area and he incorporated folds, it should be fine. the folds was key to give it strength.
                    My Retrofits:
                    Classic Mini HID Retrofit #2 (January 2012 ROTM)
                    Classic Mini LED Retrofit
                    Lance Venice HID Retrofit
                    Honda Grom HID Retrofit (May 2014 ROTM)

Comment

Looks good. But it looks like due to the angle of your front bumper the lamps face outward a bit based on the light reflection on the ground. This might affect head on brightness a bit. Once traffic approaches close enough to that angle then it will be at its brightest.
                      www.automotiveLEDresearch.com

Comment

Originally posted by evo77 View Post
                        Looks good. But it looks like due to the angle of your front bumper the lamps face outward a bit based on the light reflection on the ground. This might affect head on brightness a bit. Once traffic approaches close enough to that angle then it will be at its brightest.
                        Well that is not an issue because I no longer have this car

Comment

Working...
                        X